Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Back on the Road

April 16 & 17, 2015

Thursday (16th)

Two last pictures as we pulled out of our lovely site at River Forks RV Park.




 We head back down Georgia 53 and back to Interstate 85 take the on ramp and head towards South Carolina.



We stop at both welcome centers checking for a campground near the border between South and North Carolina without a lot of luck. One we call is full the other we check out and keep driving. We decide on the Walmart in Gastonia, NC. We walk over to a Pizza place about a block away in a slight drizzle for dinner. The plan is to drive back to Kings Mountain National Military Park in the morning.

Friday (17th)

When we originally planned to visit this park we had planned on camping nearby for a couple of days and then driving over. Now we are pulling the 5th wheel behind us and Tom mentions how we have been to places we realized once we got there had we been towing the 5th wheel behind us we would have been in trouble. He suggests I make a call. The lady I speak to tells me normally it would not have been problem but today is an education day at the park and all the spots have school buses parked in them. So we just turn onto I85 and continue north. We call ahead to an RV park near Linwood, NC and we stop there for the night. I call my friend and confirm we are just a short distance away and will be there just after lunch tomorrow.  I do a last couple of batches of wash and we have a leisurely evening.

Now that we are this close to my friend's I just hope I get some sleep. Mary Beth and I have been friends since before kindergarten and Tom has known her since he met me. She was the maid of honor at our wedding and we are her youngest daughter's godparents. She is Aunt Mary Beth to our kids and her kids call us Aunt Debby and Uncle Tom. Peter we have not really had the opportunity to spend much time with so we are looking forward to having the time to get to know him during this visit. Now if the weather cooperates and gives us a few sunny days that will be "the icing on the cake".


"At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities."
                                                                                                                                    ~Jean Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment