Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Heading South and West

November 17, 2015


Leaving Monticello RV Park and
heading towards I 25.

Our last look at the mountains in the distance.

The road ahead as we head South on I 25.

More views as we continue South.
Could not resist snapping the sign,
who could, Garfield 8 miles.

We turned onto New Mexico Highway 26 a nice shortcut to I 10 when heading West.

In Hatch, NM, a small town just after we turned onto 26, there are peppers hanging in stands just about everywhere you look. I said to Tom, I wonder if this is the Chile capital of New Mexico. I have since done some research and it is actually advertised as the “Chile Capital of the World”.  They are known world wide for their Chile crop.

The Hatch Valley also grows onions, pecans, alfalfa, lettuce, cabbage, sweet potatoes, wheat, cotton, along with various experimental crops. Hatch is proud to have never experienced a crop failure.

Labor Day Weekend they celebrate their world famous crop with a two day festival. and this small town has accommodated up to 30,000 people from all over the world for this event. 
 

I only took one picture in Hatch.
Out the window as we traveled down 26.

These signs speak for themselves.

It was not that long and we were in Arizona.

Wanting to visit the Ft. Bowie National Historic Site our travel day ended in Bowie, AZ. The RV park we landed at, there will be no pictures, Mountain View is a Passport America park and does have full hookups with 50 amps. There is also free WiFi, and they did sell Jerky and Pecans. Plus the people we met there were friendly and the park itself seemed clean. We would stop there again if we go back to Ft. Bowie; otherwise not a destination stop.



" I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever
situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the
greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined
not by our circumstance but by our disposition."
                                                            ~Martha Washington
 


No comments:

Post a Comment