Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

The Continuing "Saga"

July 25, 2018

The battle with the "stuff" continues and there are days I believe we are winning...and then I walk around. We will be telling our kids to not accumulate "stuff" but not until they take the "stuff" from here. Fair is fair, we bought this house from my parents and they left "stuff" behind.

The "fun" continues with the insurance company that is suppose to take care of getting the Stinger "B" fixed. They sent a check and we are sure they hoped we would take the money and run. No such luck it doesn't cover a third of the damages and we want it fixed. It was not our accident. They did suggest we take the check and have the body shop start the repairs and then as they needed more parts/money they could re-submit. Does anybody know a body shop who would be thrilled with that working situation? Another suggestion was to contact our insurance company which we did and they contacted the other insurance company and were told no problem they want to fix our motor home back to the way it was and get us down the road. So today Tom backed it out of the driveway and we brought it back to the body shop where their adjuster talked with the body shop person as to what  needed to be done and why. So back in the driveway it is and we wait again. I keep thinking about in the past when we have had a claim with our insurance how quickly and efficiently it was handled. Nothing has ever taken this long. Fingers crossed it gets in the shop by mid-August. 

We have been spending time with our local grandchildren and in mid-August we will have all of them here for a few days which will be fun, tiring but fun.




                                      LIFE INSTRUCTIONS:
                               1.  Put one foot in front of the other.
                               2.  REPEAT


Hope you are having a wonderful summer. 
Thank you for stopping by to see how we are doing.
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.
 If not. we are still glad you stopped by.

14 comments:

  1. That is one sad issue with your insurance company, sou glad our claim went through without a hiccup and all is fixed.
    Good luck with your purging, it is amazing where all that "STUFF" comes from . onward and upward for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need all the luck we can get to get the purging done...so thanks.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the repairs, you are not alone with the issues involving repairs. Our friends Rose and George are undergoing similar but different upsets with their motor home.
    Purging is good for the mind, body and soul! Remember that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep reminding myself just that and about the weight that will be lifted when it is done. It will feel so good to have all this stuff gone.

      Delete
  3. We remember both processes, getting rid of STUFF and getting Insurance Repairs. Both were easier when we were Home Owners but we don't miss them.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My insurance company handled everything, even though the accident was not my fault. They immediately contacted the repair shop and paid for it all, then collected from the OTHER company. Sure would make it easier for you.

    I am a "stuff" collector too. I'm trying to lessen the load, but things like the last pair of leather slippers made by one native Indian lady in Alaska are hard to part with. Same goes for the Polynesian dance rattles. Yeah, I have some weird stuff!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure either of those items are weird stuff. Some days it is the easiest thing to just say get rid of it and the next I feel like I am hanging on for dear life. Though there was more of the hanging on in the beginning which is why we will be purging the storage locker next year. Luckily I have a very good inventory of what is in each box so that will make that process easier.

      Delete
  5. Always nice to get an update from you Deb! Nice you're getting the chance to enjoy the local grandkids and are looking forward to some time with the others. So sorry about the insurance woes..hope it gets settled soon to your satisfaction. Hopefully house will be on market before you leave this fall? Take care and hope to hear again soon! Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs back! Tom is determined to get it done and does not want to leave until it is For Sale so that is the incentive at this point...lol

      Delete
  6. This is one of the most astonishing venues that I've attended for my numerous experiences. This place is spot on with the decorations. The overall experience at Los Angeles event venues was amazing! Had a fun and comfortable time here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREETINGS everyone out there.. my name is (Robert Lora) I am from CANADA i will never forget the help Dr Ogudugu render to me in my marital life. I have been married for 8 years now and my husband and i love each other very dearly. After 6 years of our marriage my husband suddenly change he was having an affair with a lady outside our marriage, my husband just came home one day he pick up his things and left me and the kids to his mistress outside at this time i was confuse not knowing what to do again because i have lost my husband and my marriage too. i was searching for help in the internet, i saw many people sharing testimony on how Dr Ogudugu help them out with their marital problems so i contacted the email of Dr Ogudugu i told him my problem and i was told to be calm that i have come to the right place were i can get back my husband within the next 48hours, to my greatest surprise my husband came to my office begging me on his knees that i should find a place in my heart to forgive him, that he will never cheat on me again, i quickly ask him up that i have forgiven him. Friends your case is not too hard why don't you give Dr Ogudugu a chance, because i know they will help you to fix your relationship with your Ex Partner. contact him: greatogudugu@gmail.com Or you can also reach him via whatsapp on +27663492930

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing sou glad our claim went through without a hiccup and all is fixed.Good luck with your purging, it is amazing.

    Ballet online course | Online ballet fitness courses

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow is good to be back with my ex again, thank you Dr Ekpen for the help, I just want to let you know that is reading this post in case you are having issues with your lover and is leading to divorce and you don’t want the divorce, Dr Ekpen is the answer to your problem. Or you are already divorce and you still want him/her contact Dr Ekpen the spell caster now on (ekpentemple@gmail.com) or whatsapp him on +2347050270218 and you will be clad you did

    ReplyDelete