Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Thursday, November 26, 2020 


To Our Family and Friends

Happy Thanksgiving!

We hope you are enjoying this day with those you love. As we look back on this past year Tom and I realize we have a lot to be thankful for. With our world in a pandemic we are thankful our children and grandchildren all seem to be happy and healthy. Our extended family seems to be doing well and from what we have heard from friends they are all doing well, also. Tom and I are thankful to be able to say we are healthy.  It has been quite the year but we are thankful to God for everyday and being able to still be living our retirement dream.


Wednesday, November 18, 2020


Sitting outside I could not help but notice how pretty
the flag looked in the breeze against the clouds and 
blue sky across the way.

The sun 

slowly setting 

on our day.


Monday, November 23, 2020


The sun coming up as I made my way to Sierra Vista
to do some early grocery shopping.

Tuesday, November,  24, 2020

Today we had a wonderful surprise. A truck pulled up to our site with a couple from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The Eastern end to be exact. The husband had been reading our blog and knew we were here.  What a nice couple venturing out on their first year and it sounds like so far loving it. What I failed to do was take a picture and ask if it was okay to include them in our blog. So here is hoping we cross paths again and I remember to do so. My excuse and the honest truth we got to chatting and it was so enjoyable I lost track of time. 

(Quick side note: after they left I thought how did they find us. I guess I am getting used to the color of the Stinger "B" as it took me a few minutes to figure it out...lol)


Monday, November 2, 2020 ( A Catch Up Post)

Another drive I did not count as a ride while we were in New Mexico. We headed into Douglas to stop at Walmart. I was one skein short on the estimate of yarn I needed for the project I was working on and so a trip was necessary. Thank goodness for "no dye lot yarn". 


It was early afternoon but to late to make a ride on
what is called the Geronimo Trail but we decided to

just take a short drive and check it out.
The Perilla Mountains.

We turned a corner and could see the 
border fence in the distance.

Ocotillos up the hill.
Even without their green leaves I thing they are beautiful.

What I like to call a wiggle worm sign.

Turning one corner we came upon this. 
The bull was sadly gone.

Someone definitely with a sense of humor.


We can see Mexico in the distance.





One hardy plant.

We could see a lot of activity going on here.


We took the road to the Slaughter Ranch even though the sign out on the road did say it was only open on Wednesday and Sunday. We thought maybe we would get close enough to catch a glimpse. When we went by here on the following Sunday the sign on the road still said closed. Not sure if it is permanent or because of covid.

Some Information from the Internet:

A National Historic Landmark, the Slaughter Ranch Museum was once the San Bernardino Ranch, belonging to John H. Slaughter, Cochise County Sheriff from 1887 to 1890. After numerous years, and a change in ownership, the ranch has been restored along with several outbuildings. Visitors can glimpse the life of a turn-of-the-century cattle baron as they view the house, wash house, icehouse, granary and commissary. Bring a picnic lunch with you when you visit the Slaughter Ranch. There are many shade trees overlooking the one-acre House Pond which provides an ideal spot for lunch, as well as a good spot for viewing the birds attracted by the aquatic habitat.

A picture from the  internet:


This is as far as we got. 

I did catch this picture of a road runner as we turned around.
I am guessing you will have to click and enlarge the 
picture to see it.

We are now headed back to Douglas.

I caught a glimpse of these guys when we were headed East.
Surprisingly they were still there as we headed back.
Tom backed up so I could take a picture.

Coming back into Douglas, made the stop at Walmart,

and then heading North the sun was lighting up 
our views of the mountains and grasses as it set.

No enhancement needed the colors 

were so vivid.

This is looking off to the West.

Looking back to the East.


On our left towards the Northwest.

At this point the light was fading fast.

Looking back I could see this color over the mountains
as the sun quickly sank below the horizon behind us.

We arrived home in the inky black darkness of night. Only our headlights cutting through the darkness. As I mentioned in a previous post Rusty's is a dark sky park so there is very little light in the park. Not quite as black as when we are boondocking out in the desert but close.







We are so glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing form you.

11 comments:

  1. The Slaughter Ranch is on my list. I'm bringing a big notebook so you can give me directions! LOL
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be happy to give you directions... Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. all your scenery pictures are beautiful. I can almost feel the warmth and smell the desert! :)
      Slaughter Ranch, an ominous name but I'm glad it was explained as being the owners name. Ha ha

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I know I was slightly put off by the name until I looked it up...lol

      Delete
  3. Wishing your entire family a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving you two! Wonderful pictures and catch up! Always amazes me how you do that LOL> I think it's pretty darn easy to spot the Stinger B..haha. How wonderful to meet blogging followers. Hopefully you'll meet up again! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly a nice surprise. Wish I would have remembered to take a picture.
      Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving with your son and family...Hugs

      Delete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! I think Stinger B would be very easy to spot :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was one of those "duh" moments because I am pretty sure we can be spotted from a distance...lol

      Delete