Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Two Sunsets and The "Big Tent"

Friday, January 17, 2020

It was a quiet sort of day and when I look back on it I am not sure I will remember exactly what I did with the morning and early afternoon. Around 2:00 I heard from friends Jeanne and Tony that they had arrived and could see us, the Stinger "B", so we knew they were close by. So Tom took a look and thought he could see them just down the way so we took a walk to say hello. Coming back we could see the group of friends we are parked with sitting in a circle so we knew Happy Hour was in progress so Tom grabbed our chairs and we joined them. We met Keith, a friend of Patsy and Bill's, and Oreo, his dog. He arrived today and has joined our neighborhood. Happy Hour as always was an enjoyable time filled with conversation that just seems to flow easily as we sit in the Arizona sun. Around 5:00 that sun starts to make its way down in the west and takes its warmth along. Heading home we could still feel a little of its warmth sitting out in our patio area. So we sat for a short time as the sun continued its journey down behind the mountains and I snapped the pictures of that journey below.



Just to mix it up a little Super Vivid

and  Photo Illustration.




The sun has dropped below the mountains and all we see
is the soft glow left above the mountain top.
Soon the darkness of night will encircle us as another
day ends in this place in the desert that for these  pleasant
days in the company of friends we call home.



Saturday, January 18, 2020

We started the day before the sun was up in the sky and there was still a chill in the air. We headed over to the Quartzsite Sports, Vacation & RV Show, aka "The Big Tent" around 8 O'clock in order to be able to get a parking space in the nearby parking lot. The gates open at 9 and as you can see in the pictures below we were not the only ones there. It is fun to be there opening day even with the crowds. Plus, there is free "stuff" and if you have ever been to a fair or large event like this you know what I am talking about. We were back home before noon but I am sure we will make at least one more visit later in the week when there will be less people to try and walk around. There are a couple of things we would like to get a better look at but today it was almost impossible to get close to a lot of the booths.


Standing in line waiting for the gate to open.
It is fun to get there opening day, crowds and all.
Bottom left: when they saw me trying to get a picture this
part of our group turned and looked.
Bob, Tom, Bill, & Keith
Middle right: they never saw me lift the phone they were to
intent on watching the line in front of us.
Kim, Patsy, Ken, & JoAnne

Doesn't she have some beautiful eye lashes?

Leaving the show and heading back towards LaPosa South
the traffic going north was bumper to bumper for a few miles.

Tonight's sunset 

Looking at the pictures I am thinking I need to look for a 

different location/angle to take them from. Though beautiful
it does look like I used the same pictures.

Just a touch of the pink was left when I looked out.


Today was a good day we had a fun time walking up and down the aisle in the tent and around the outside. The sun was out and we could feel the warmth as we enjoyed our Happy Hour. Around 5 we could again feel the chill in the air as the sun was lower in the sky and it was time to pick up our chairs and head home. Our patio was still in the sunlight so Tom and I sat out a little longer watching the sun slip out of sight. I am writing this Saturday evening and will post it in the morning. I had a message while I was writing this blog and I do believe tomorrow, Sunday, is going to be a great day.








We are glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.

16 comments:

  1. The wifi is very slow in the evening, we are finding, so morning postings may be the way to go anyway! :)
    It was a fun first day at the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the connection is slow in the evening I got up and did several things while the pictures were uploading...:) decided not to even try publishing.
      Even with the crowd the first day of the show is fun.

      Delete
  2. I know the Big Tent is not what it used to be, but I love it anyway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking I'm good without the first day crowds..like anything you either love it or hate it. I have a friend who loves shopping on Christmas Eve just because of the crowds LOL..The sunsets and sunrises are fabulous though..Sounds like wonderful days all the way around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree going the first day is not for everyone. The sunrises and sunsets out in the desert are fabulous.

      Delete
  4. You guys have a great group to hang out with. Enjoy the spectacular event!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are bring back many memories.
    Be Safe and Enjoy those Sunsets.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed the sunset photos. Glad you enjoyed the big tent's first day and first hours. I'm going to wait until near the end before I make my trek there. I can't see over all those folks to find what I want. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true, if I had trouble seeing over people you may have an issue...LOL
      Actually, we will be going back in the next couple of days to check a few things out we could not get to.

      Delete
  7. Looks like a fun day at the Big Tent. I'm curious as to what today will bring for you. No clues?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first day of the tent is a fun.
      I did not say because no one else knew Shirley and Ken were here and I did not want to spoil their surprise. It is in today's blog.

      Delete
  8. I do love the elephant. She always makes me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete