Thursday, October 29, 2015

Algonac, MI to Cloverdale, IN

October 29, 2015

As of this evening I am pretty much caught up with our blog. There are a few posts I will be adding from our last trip but for the most part I am finally in real time. I will never be one of those bloggers that posts everyday but since this is about our memories I am going to try and be a better memory keeper.

Today was a long travel day and one we do not plan on repeating. When we started out this year the plan was to leave the park in Algonac on Monday, October 26th. Then we had water pipe issues back at our house and decided to stay until we were sure they could be resolved. We did not want to get any farther away just in case we needed to turn around and head back North. Then on the 27th we had a few other things that needed to be taken care of before we felt comfortable heading further south. We went to bed with everything pretty much set in the 5th wheel to leave in the morning.  Wednesday dawned with heavy rain and we decided to wait one more day, after all we are not on a schedule we do not have to leave at a specific time. By now though we were beginning to feel the pull to be on the road. So we went to bed last night, except to unhook the electricity, ready to pull out early this morning.

We were sitting in the truck at 5:00am this morning going through our check list and after pulling out the mirrors we pulled out at 5:05am. By around 5:35am we merged into the traffic on I 94 after a stop for coffee. Even though the traffic was fairly heavy it never stopped flowing forward and we were on I 75 and past Detroit  and crossing into Ohio by 7:33am. Going around Toledo on 475 we did have a couple of delays not so much because of the traffic, which was heavy, but the construction which did cause a couple of back ups.

We stopped for Breakfast at Cracker Barrel in Maumee. Ohio and we crossed into Indiana around 10:29am. We did make a few other stops along the way and ended our day in Cloverdale, Indiana.

It was pretty windy today and hopefully tomorrow the wind will have subsided somewhat. The plan is to be Southwest of St. Louis when we stop tomorrow evening.

"We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails."

No comments:

Post a Comment