Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2020

In Yuma (Catching up the Blog)

Friday, January 31, 2020 (Seriously, how did the last day of January come so fast?)

After 29 days parked in the desert we arrived at the Westwind RV & Golf Resort in Yuma, Arizona around 12:30.  After getting parked we started to remove some of the accumulated dust and the first batch of wash was put in the washer/dryer. We then headed over to the restaurant here in the park for the Friday Fish Fry. The weather is predicted to be very nice this weekend before turning a little cooler the beginning of next week.  Tom was suppose to visit the dentist in Los Algondones on Monday but that appointment needed to be moved to Thursday so the Jeep can make a visit to the service center Monday morning.  We are hoping it is a minor glitch and can be taken care of quickly. In between we will be running a few errands and possibly enjoy a lunch in Los Algondones. The next two days, though, we will just be hanging out and enjoying the warm weather.

Leaving the desert near Quartzsite for the last time this Adventure.
We spent the last three days parked by Deb and Riley. 
It was a special time filled with chatting, laughter and just enjoying 
each other's company. All to soon it came to an end and with hugs, a see 
you down the road, and one more hug it was time to roll our wheels. 
Thank you for finding this lovely peaceful spot.

I turned the Jeep to take a picture of Deb and Riley's Igloo
in the distance and realized, again, how much we enjoyed our
time with these two beautiful ladies. We will miss you both.
Stay safe!



Catching up

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

It was early when I awoke this morning but really did not feel like getting out of bed. Instead I opened my shade and could see the light of day just beginning to fill the sky. There is a softness in the early morning that is very peaceful. Even out here with all the rigs surrounding us that softness translates into a quietness you can feel. I could see, what I like to describe as, the clouds sitting at the base of the mountains off to the west of us. I know I could have gotten up, dressed, and went outside for a walk, maybe tomorrow, but for today I enjoyed laying there and watching the day open up. Eventually Tom got up and I could smell the coffee being made, yes he really does make the coffee every morning, and I knew it was time to get up and enjoy that first cup of coffee and the beginning or our day.


I had been up for awhile when I could tell the sun had joined
us and I thought open the door and take a picture.

Taking a walk later I took a picture of our neighborhood.
Center picture Left to Right: Shirley & Ken, Stinger "B",
Joanne & Bob, Keith, Patsy & Bill just peeking out behind
Kim and Ken. The rest of the pictures are the rigs
surrounding us.

I wonder how long this guy has been hanging
out. There is a bird's nest in his upper arms.

Just liked the look of the mountains in the distance.

A few more Saguaros I passed by on my walk.
The middle guy was in my last blog but he deserved a
second picture.

As I walked some of the interesting things, at least to me,
that I saw on the floor of the desert.

Looking back where I had just walked up out of the wash,
bottom picture. Looking forward some Michigan RVer's.

Back on the main road passing by the Bluebirds.

The sign does not lie it is a dusty road indeed.

Circling back I can see our home ahead.

Later in the day the group is gathering for Happy Hour.

Champagne poured waiting to be picked up in a toast to George.
Bill did a wonderful job saying a few words, reminding us
all that because of Suzie and George and their blog we all
have met and are gathered out here in this wonderful place.

Then we gathered back in a circle, the conversation continued,
and we had delicious snacks provided by Shirley and Ken.
Top Left: Cheryl& Dave Top Right: Joanne, Bob & Tom
Bottom Left: Ken, Kim, Ken, & Shirley
Bottom Right: Keith, Patsy, & Bill

The sun was already behind the mountains when we broke up
tonight. Yet if you check out the picture above on the top right
you can see I did catch the sun going down behind
Joanne and Bob's rig.


Ken pulled out their little "Red Fire" and we joined them in a smaller circle, then Bob pulled up a chair, and Keith did the same with Ken coming up for a few minutes to chat. It would be our last night enjoying Shirley and Ken's company as they need to head back home tomorrow. A campfire with friends where the conversations flows and laughter can be heard is always a wonderful way to end a day.



Thursday, January 23, 2020

Today started on a somewhat sad note. Shirley and Ken arrived on Sunday for a short visit and today they pulled out to head back home and appointments that needed to be taken care of. We were glad they came it was so nice to see them. Just wish it could have been longer. With a last few words and several hugs and waves they were on their way. Already looking forward to next time.




There they go.


One of the problems with writing catch up posts is that I do not always remember what we did. Especially if there are no pictures.  I am thinking I took a run to Gem World to make a couple of purchases. What I do know is that right around 3 o'clock we all gathered for Happy Hour and we had  guests. Doug and Yuma drove over form Dome Rock to join our circle.


Top Picture: Keith, Kim and Ken
Middle Picture: Tom, Bill, Joanne, and Doug
Bottom Picture: Patsy and Bill

Lap Dogs?
Well Higgins on Joanne works.
Not sure Yuma quite understands just how large he his.

While all this is going on Oreo just sits quietly
across the way on her rug.

I again missed the sunset 

but I did manage to get

some decent pictures

of the afterglow.


Tom and I really like spending time parked out in the quietness of the desert and honestly it is something we truly look forward to each year.  Do not get me wrong we will spend this week here in full hookups and enjoy it thoroughly. Then we will have another week in the desert before that time will be behind us for this adventure and that always makes us a little sad. For now another batch of wash needs to be put in and the sun is out to enjoy so we will be outside doing just that. Hope you are enjoying your weekend. 








We are glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.

10 comments:

  1. Glad you're all caught up now. Been a busy week. It's good the trusty jeep didn't let you down in the desert somewhere. Hope it is an easy and quick fix. I'm glad I was able to get to know you two better and look forward to next year much more eagerly. When I started this winter I had resolved it will be my last, but things have changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was all caught up...lol
      Glad to hear that things have changed. We would agree it was nice spending more time together this year and hopefully that trend will continue in the future. Looking forward to the next time our paths cross.

      Delete
  2. I understand how hard it is to catch up so try to avoid going longer then Two Days.
    You are still keeping busy and we look forward to reading about your upcoming adventures.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could say I never get more then two days back on the blog. Life just seems to get in the way sometime. If nothing else I always figure at least I have the pictures. Stay warm.

      Delete
  3. You're doing great! I can barely remember what I did yesterday!! It's kind of funny ... I love full hookups and not worrying about water, but the quiet of the desert with no close neighbors wins every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would totally agree...full hookups are great but the desert parking wins every time. There are times when what happened fails me...luckily the picture files have dates on them...lol

      Delete
  4. Like Nancy, I LOVE the hookups too, for more than a week. The quiet of the desert is nice for a short period but not the dust and dirt that goes along with it. :)
    Enjoy the park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree the dust and dirt does take over when you are out in the desert. Yet we both love spending time out where it is so serene, quiet, and you can see forever so we accept the dust...:)
      At the same time we will enjoy this week at the park...LOL

      Delete
  5. Great catch up post. The dust seems to creep in no matter what we do. I try to keep the top layer off and we do a good thorough clean when we get out of the desert and back home to Ontario.
    We enjoyed your company a great deal, and we've had only the occasional coyote go by at night (we can hear them yipping) and not a single soul otherwise. It's been just so quiet here. We look forward to meeting up again in the future. Enjoy the hook ups. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb.
      I think dust is just part of RVing, period, no matter where you are parked. Like you we do our best to keep it at bay and then every once and awhile do a thorough cleaning. Sort of like when we lived in sticks and bricks...LOL
      Glad to hear you are enjoying the quiet, we enjoyed that place and most especially the company. Looking forward to crossing paths again down the road.
      Stay safe.

      Delete