Pages

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Sunset...Sunrise...Wind...Sunset

(Clicking on the pictures will open them larger in a new window.)

Tuesday, March 21,2017

It was a lazy day of just hanging out at the Stinger B and enjoying the day. 

The sun setting on what has been a"do nothing day".

A wonderful sideways burst of light between the clouds
just before the sun slipped behind the mountains.

A lovely glow as the sun slipped down behind the mountains.
Then with a couple of bursts of light, in the clouds,
darkness started to descend on our day.



Wednesday, March 22, 2017

As I write this Tom is getting us ready to move up front to refill our fresh water tanks and dump the not so fresh. Not sure what else the day will bring as it unfolds but we will take it as it comes and enjoy the moments.

The color was beautiful this morning
while the sun was still below the mountains.

Towards the southeast the clouds were tinged in pink.
That little sliver of white in the upper left is the moon.

The clouds in the northeast had touches of pink with a soft gold glow.

Even the clouds in the west had a soft glow of pink.

As the sun started to rise behind the clouds in the east I loved how the clouds all around us kept changing.





(Starting at the bottom)
The sun made every effort to peek through the clouds.

Pulling out onto the road and heading to the front to take
care of business.


The rest of the day:
While Tom took care of business I took a ride looking for a place to park. We had a general idea of where I just needed to find a spot with a view we would enjoy looking at. After Tom was done he parked the Stinger B, out of the way, just off the road so we could take a ride to the spot I had found. to make sure he could get the motor home to it. We then had a late breakfast and I ran into Quartzsite to run a few errands. Mainly I was going in to buy beads. (I am more then willing to admit it, it is an obsession.) While I was gone Tom got us parked and then the wind started. When I checked the weather it said something like 15 mph winds with gusts of 23 mph. We think they were a little bit off with their "predictions" especially when Tom had to hold the Jeep door open so I could get out.

This is our new patio view.  

You can see in the pictures below how quickly our view out the front window of the Stinger B changed.



Then the rain started and we have been hearing it on and off all evening.

Between moving, the wind, and the rain we decided to go out to dinner.

A sliver of light over the mountains to the west as we were leaving
to go into Quartzsite for dinner.

To the southeast the clouds just look dark.

As the sun was setting the sky toward the east had a pink tinge and
rewarded us with a rainbow.

Looking down Main Street as the sun sets it is casting
a glow on the mountains in the east.

As we were going into Silly Al's I took this picture of tonight's sunset.





"Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart. 
When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light. 
 Give thanks for your life and strength. 
Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. 
And if perchance you see no reason for giving thanks, 
rest assured the fault is in yourself."
~Chief Tecumseh, Shawnee Indian Chief





We hope you are enjoying a beautiful Spring. 
If you have a moment, to leave a comment, we would love to hear from you.

11 comments:

  1. Mouthing quite like relaxing days and then Silly Al's for dinner, awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunrise and sunset pictures, not to mention the rainbow. Beautiful. I'd love to know how to do the collages, sometimes I have many pictures of one thing (like the trains yesterday) and would be nice to put them together. Do you have a special program for that? ptooties@gmail.com if you don't mind sharing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Sorry, but I am not going to be able to help you with the collage thing. It is not that I would not share because I certainly would but it is a feature in the Photo Editing on my phone called Studio. It was not anything I added it was part of the Gallery.

      I have told Tom I want a decent camera for my birthday so I will be looking for a program sometime this summer because I like using collages. If I find one I will let you know. If you happen to come across one I hope you will do the same.

      Delete
    2. thank you for sharing the collage info. I will keep searching for a free one as well. I have a nice program with my Windows but no collages.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures as always. We didn't get the rain until this morning.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the beauty around Quartzsite.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      We woke up to beautiful blue skies this morning though we still had some of the wind.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you two had a nice quiet day. I'm having the same wind but no rain clouds. Today, it is supposed to be very windy here too. Enjoyed your pictures of the cloud formations and the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a nice day. Glad you enjoyed the pictures I enjoyed sitting there and taking them.

      Delete
  5. I always enjoyed the beautiful sunsets when we were there. The cloud pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great cloud day. I always enjoys the sunsets, also...I am even willing to get up most days for a sunrise when we are here...:)

      Delete