Pages

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Enjoying the Days

January 13, 2018

Saturday we started the day by driving over to RV Lifestyles to get some things checked out on the Stinger "B" and while they took care of that we drove over to the Mountain Quail Cafe for breakfast. If we are going out to breakfast in Quartzsite this is the place we are headed to. The food and the service are always excellent.



Parked back in our neighborhood I decided to take the new camera out for a walk. Below are some of the photos.

First stop was to check out the Ocotillo across the way. Some green on the
branches but no sign of little green leaves. 

Trying out the zoom.


Not sure why I liked the look of these rocks but I did.

Tall stately Saguaro.





Happy Hour at the Stinger "B"
From the right: George, Suzie, Bill, Patsy, Tom, and my chair.

The end of the days light.


January 14, 2018

Early this morning we headed into Parker for 8 o'clock Mass at Sacred Heart Catholic Church. The light was just starting to peak over the mountains as we pulled out and once we turned north onto
US-95 I tried to capture some of the color. This is only my second day using the new camera and they did not turn out to badly. I am reading the book and I can tell this is going to be a process but one I am going to enjoy.



I could tell the sun had come up over the mountains behind us by
the light on the mountains in the west.

The road ahead.

After Mass we had breakfast at the Crossroad Cafe and we would go back again. They even offered Mimosa's and Bloody Mary's but knowing I was going to be doing some grocery shopping afterwards I decided coffee was to be the beverage of choice.

On the way home we took a quick ride down Plomosa Road.

Tom and I are guessing this is their "RV"

Saguaro with the Plomosa Mountains in the background.

In past years when we have parked in this area in March there are maybe
 a half dozen RV's parked near us. Just a "few" more in January.

Back home, Suzie and George on the right and Patsy and Bill's
Black Beauty can be seen on the left.

As we were sitting and chatting at today's Happy Hour George mentioned that Nancy Kissack, Kissack Adventures, had contacted him about stopping out to meet them and it was not long after that she pulled up. To end up meeting not two but six fellow bloggers. She was a wonderful addition to the Happy Hour. It was nice to meet another blogging RV'er and with that in common the conversation just continued to flow. 

Tonight's Happy Hour and I barely got Tom in the picture. Going right:
Bill, George, Suzie, Nancy, and Patsy.

I keep missing the actual sunset.

The last of the light on the mountains to the east of us.

The sky turned a lovely pink.
Quartzsite in the distance.


The last little bit of color as the sun sinks farther into the west.









We have had a couple of great days parked out in the desert. We hope you enjoyed your weekend.
If you would like to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.

18 comments:

  1. Great pictures Deb. Always enjoy meeting fellow bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bill and Tom and I agree it is always nice to meet fellow bloggers.

      Delete
  2. Very nice pictures Deb. I think you and the camera will be great friends.

    Always nice to meet new folks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb, I am hoping the camera and I become friends...:)

      Delete
  3. You are really getting the hang of this new camera and having too much fun.. It was a surprise to meet Nancy , and always fun to meet up with a new fellow blogger, time flies when we having fun flapping our gums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having fun with camera. We would agree Happy Hour seems to fly by.

      Delete
  4. Great pictures..you're learning quickly! Sunset pics are awesome! What a nice happy hour and meeting someone new! I love your quotes at the end of each blog..really makes it special and I think most if not all of us can relate to what they say!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and it was a great sunset so that made it easier to get good pictures.
      Glad you like the quotes. Over the years I have saved folders full; now I am getting to share/use them.

      Delete
  5. Your camera will soon become an extension of your hand and you won't go far without it.
    Your pictures are great!
    We enjoyed meeting Nancy as well at our chatty Happy Hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patsy. It was fun meeting Nancy and hearing her stories.

      Delete
  6. The new camera is doing great! Looks like you're practicing hard and having fun with it. Soon Al will be calling for ad ice. :)

    I think Bloggerfest will be the biggest ever this year. So many bloggers are already there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doug. I hope I can produce photos half as good as you and Al put out there.
      We are looking forward to this year's Bloggerfest and it will be nice to see you and Yuma.

      Delete
  7. Really enjoying the pictures, you are doing great with the new camera! So happy your living your dream! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the pictures and I am having fun with the camera but it is going to be a process. I am still trying to figure out what all the buttons are for...LOL We are parked by friends that have cameras with all the "buttons" so it helps...:) Love and miss you all, too. Stay warm.

      Delete
  8. I've been reading your blog for a while, but rudely haven't commented. Looking forward to seeing the results of the new camera. They have started out very well!
    may see you at Bloggerfest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave, nice to hear from you. I appreciate the picture taking encouragement. Hope to meet you at Bloggerfest.

      Delete
  9. Your pictures are great!! Keep practicing ... it gets easier the more you use it! So nice to meet you and your hubby! I will always remember our afternoon in La Posa!! Maybe we'll meet again down the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy.
      It was nice meeting you, also. It would be nice to cross paths again.

      Delete