Pages

Friday, March 15, 2024

Happy Birthday to Our Daughter!!! Filling In the Rest of Our Time at Roadrunner BLM in January 2024, Part 1 (Two Beautiful Quilts)


Happy Birthday Rachel!!!


Today our beautiful daughter is celebrating her Birthday!
Tom and I have 7 beautiful grandchildren and she is the mother of 3 of them.
We are proud of the woman you have become, Rachel,
and we love you forever and always!
xoxo     xoxo


We are presently In Gulfport, Mississippi.

Before I go any further forward with this blog I am going to take a step back to our time at Roadrunner at the dates below.  This blog is for our memory book. ( This is an FYI for myself:  I wrote three blogs about the 19 days we were there on January 14th and 17th and February 7th.)

January 15th through January 29th 2024

My first picture is a Saguaro we have used as a marker as to where to turn when we park in this general area at the Roadrunner BLM. When we got here in November I was glad to see he was still standing but when we arrived back in January the first thing I noticed is he has fallen apart. Certainly the circle of life but still sad to see him gone.

He was a good marker for our turn for several years.

 
On the 15th we took a ride over to Bouse where we had breakfast Bouse Booster Club with Melissa and Lyle. A short visit but fun

Coming out on the East side of the Plomosa Mountains.


The Breakfast was good the company excellent.

Heading back West to AZ-95 then South to Roadrunner.


These Teddy Bear Chollas look like they are dancing.

Happy Hour on the 15th.
Left to Right: Keith, Kim, Ken, Tom, and my chair.


On the 16th we jumped into the "Jeep with No Name" with Kim and Ken and headed over to the Crystal Hill Kofa National Wildlife Refuge. As I recall the only one who found a crystal, or was it two, was Kim. 


Ken and Tom checking out the map at the kiosk.

I believe this is a Buckhorn Cholla

We are down in the wash looking for Crystals.

Well at least Kim, Ken, and Tom are. 
I am taking pictures of them looking...lol



When we got back we had surprise visitors for Happy Hour.
Always nice to have Patsy and Bill join us.
Left to right: Ken, Patsy, Bill, Ken, Kim, my chair, and Tom

Then on the 18th we had a nice surprise Nancy, Kissack Adventures, along with Patsy, Chillin' with Patsy, and Bill, On Our Way joined us for Happy Hour.

Standing in our doorway looking out at the sunrise.

The ride back to our site at Roadrunner

Out site and on the right in the top photo and middle one our
neighbors.  They called themselves "The Beavers" a Motorhome
that several of them owned. They were a large group but pretty quiet.

For some reason I just could not seem to get the whole group in the picture.
So the Top Picture Left to Right: Bill, Patsy, Ken, Nancy, my chair, Kim
Bottom picture on the right add: Ken and Tom

When we decided to sell the house one of the things I had to do was go through my sewing room.  As I started the " fun" project I found a covered basket I had taken from my mom's sewing room several years before and placed in mine. I had opened it at the time and saw it was material but never went through it but now it needed to be done.  In the basket I found a quilt top she had put together but not quite completed along with a lot of cut pieces of material. There was also material for a backing. Plus, there was other quilting material and some fishing panels. We had taken a quilting class together but I never did anything with what I had learned. In all honesty I really do not like matching corners, something a quilter does a lot of, so I never really cared to quilt. Yet it was fun going to class together. I bagged up what I found not wanting to get rid of her work but knowing I did not have the skills to finish it. It went into the storage unit with several other bags of material, I am not a quilter but I am a sewer, I was still not ready to part with. A few years went by and I kept seeing pictures of all the beautiful quilts Nancy makes and I finally made up my mind to ask her if she would be willing to look at what I had and see if she could complete it. She said yes and last year I turned over all the material that had belonged to my mother. Well at least all that was quilting material. Below are pictures that do not do justice to what she returned to me on this day in January of 2024.

Nancy finished this quilt and quilted it

and added pillow shams

The Fishing Panels and the backing she found.

Thank you, Nancy. It means so much to me to have these! You do beautiful work and I love them!

“To me, the beauty of a quilt or a dress lies within the stitches and the thought of the person who made them. When you spend time making something with your two hands, you impart love in a way that buying never can.” ― Natalie



This guy came and drank from our feeder several times.

Sunset on the 19th

After sunset on the 20th


On the 21st we took a ride.

AZ-95

AZ-72

AZ-72

US-60

I-10

US-95

Home!

On the 22nd it rained in the desert.

Puddles and Little Washes in the Desert.

On our way to Silly Al's for dinner with friends.

While standing outside waiting for a table the sun went down
and the sky glowed.

Having Pizza at Silly Al's
Top left: Bill, Nancy, Patsy     Top right: Kim and Sarah     
Bottom left: Keith       
Bottom right: Ken and Kim with their daughter Sarah    


To be continued in the next post.






We are glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.

10 comments:

  1. Enjoying the catch up so far…Great pictures too!
    We had an enjoyable ride in the “Jeep with No Name” 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. Tom is not totally sold on calling it that but I am sort of liking it...lol

      Delete
  2. Enjoying your catching up. Great pictures as always.
    Who are those two in the center picture. LOL!
    Be Safe and Enjoy your Quilt.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. LOL about the center picture and we will enjoy the quilt.

      Delete
  3. Those were some happy memories of your time spent in the great out west boondocking sites. You will definitely want to come back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do love spending time in the desert. We hope to do so for several more years.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday, Rachel. Happy trails for the rest of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Rachel.
    You folks can pack a lot in a few days. Lol.
    Jeep with no name…lol. I like it.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That name may be it. We were talking about it tonight while driving home and the song A Horse with No Name came on. Do you think it is a sign?....lol

      Delete