Pages

Saturday, April 15, 2023

A 148 Miles and We are in Hatch, NM

Thursday, April 13, 2023

We were up early and pulling out of Rusty's about 8:20AM hoping to miss some of the predicted wind and for the most part we did. It was chilly when I stepped out to do my part for connecting the Jeep to the Stinger "B" but the blue sky between the grey clouds looked beautiful. The plan for today was to stop in Deming for groceries at Walmart, lunch, and diesel which happened as planned. We felt even with these stops it would get us to Hatch RV Park around 1 o'clock; more on how that went in the next post. I will say for the most part the day turned out as planned.


Pulling out of our site. Upper right, can you see the "key" on the back
of the car? Middle right the clubhouse and bottom right the gate out.


Turning North on NM-80 we are on our way.

I believe most of the Mountains we saw today as we made our way to I-10 are part of the Peloncillo Mountain Range. 







Merging on to I-10 

heading East 

we can see what I believe are the Pyramid Mountains in the distance.

Going by several fields filled with yellow wild flowers. 
This was the least blurry picture.


I wonder how many pictures I have of this sign?
Yet every time going East or West I watch for it.

The smoothest highway today was going through
the construction zone. 

I could see cattle grazing in the sea of golden grass.


As I mentioned above we stopped in Deming, NM for groceries at Walmart and as luck would have it there was a Wendy's just across where we were parked so that is what we had for lunch. (Side note: I had the Chicken Caesar Salad and was pleasantly surprised at the amount of chicken in it nicely cut up into bit size pieces.) Then we made one last stop for diesel at the 5R Travel Center on NM-26 which is very convenient since it is the highway we take from Deming to Hatch. At $3.85 a gallon we were pleased. The last time we put diesel in the Stinger "B" was in Gila Bend, AZ at the Pilot on April 13th and we paid $4.60 a gallon. 

On NM-86 Wind Turbines moving in the wind.

Part of a large section of solar panels.

The road ahead.

I just liked the look of these clouds

and all the green.

Again, I liked the look of these clouds.
I could sort of see a roadrunner.

A small patch of yellow.

Then there were larger solar panels.

Organ Mountains

Hatch, New Mexico we have made it to our destination.


Today's ride was a pleasant one and went by fairly quickly even with the stops. The wind itself during the ride was not as bad as we thought it would be according to Tom and he was doing the driving. It did pick up later in the evening but by then we were parked. 

More about our arrival and meeting new friends in the next post because as hard as I try I seem to end up with more pictures then I thought I would when we travel.





We are glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.

9 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you missed the worst of the wind; it can be brutal, as you well know. We had to hunker down for 3 nights in a place we didn't particularly want to be a couple of weeks ago, just to play it safe.

    We'll be interested to see how it works out for you in Hatch. We usually just have lunch there, buy some ristras and honey, and hit the road again. Maybe someday we'll linger longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The field of flowers is beautiful. Hee hee...I think I know about the new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Hatch. Pretty country but don’t think I want to live there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty country but agree would not want to live there.

      Delete
  4. I like Hatch too but we didn't get to stop there this trip. Just to eat lunch at the fuel station.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we would have been in the other lane to pull into that fuel station. Next post explains that statement. I do not know how many times we have said we need to stop and this year was the year.

      Delete
  5. 148 miles, my kind of day :) Hopefully you'll be able to explore some of Hatch. I've always wanted to, but seems we're always on the way to somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just the right amount of miles. We do not seem to have enough of those kind of days. We did do some exploring and now we know where to park to stop and have lunch as we go through in the future or spend the night if we so choose.

      Delete