Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Let the Christmas Season Begin

Monday and Tuesday, December 14 & 15, 2015

We have been busy getting things done. I have been crocheting and gift wrapping...Tom has been trucking everything to the post office. Everything that is going to be in the mail is in the mail.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Today was the day I put aside to make meat pies. There has never been a Christmas in my life that did not include meat pie on Christmas Eve and when Tom became part of our family he joined in the tradition. (He had no choice.) It is something I passed onto to our children and I hope they will do the same with theirs. (Both of my paternal grandparents and my maternal grandfather where from the Sudbury area of Ontario.) The memories of all the Christmases spent with family come flooding back as I am preparing and baking them. So many meals sitting and visiting with family revolved around this dish at Christmas time.

Sharing Wednesdays Facebook post:

The meat pies are done, the Crusader is decorated, the packages have been sent out, time for a beginning of the Christmas Season toast. A pre-Merry Christmas to all our family and friends.


There is a feeling that comes over me once they are in the freezer that I can only describe as pure satisfaction.


"Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred,
 and we are better throughout the year for having,
in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time. "
~Laura Ingalls Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment