Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Days are Flowing By


Friday, April 17, 2020

The days are slowly flowing by and seem to melt one into the other. Maybe it is because we are in the south were everything seems to take on a slower pace.  Up until today the only place we have been is to pick up groceries curbside. Today we took a ride into Corinth to pick up a prescription at Walgreens. Then we decided to take a short ride around the area. No particular destination just checking it out and making left and right turns through the area near their down town. 



The dandelions are in the grass outside our door.
We went by a couple of fields today filled with yellow.

I did a quick search when we stopped to take this
picture. It seems there are several of these Historical
Markers  in the area. I will be doing some research
and then we will take another ride.

We also road by here. We could see where there is a place to
access the Battlefield and noticed other markers in the field.
There are no signs saying you cannot walk in the area so
we will be going back with walking shoes on.

Took these two pictures of the trees to the East of us as the
sun set Wednesday Evening, April 15th.

The last of the light hitting the top of the tree in the middle.
We are surrounded by tall trees here so we really do not
see the sun setting just the light fading. 

Even though it is just the two of us I did put out some
Easter Decorations!

I have feeling this tree never gets really thick with leaves
but it is pretty just the same.
Next I need to find out what kind it is.

Happy Saturday! Take care and stay healthy.






We are glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.

16 comments:

  1. It's nice to get out for a drive and see some nice sights :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to get out and check out the area. Even if a lot is closed we can visit the outside.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We are too. Now the weather has to co-operate.

      Delete
  3. I love your post and always google on maps where your travels are taking you guys. Hi to Tom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda. I do the same thing when I read a blog, if I am not sure were they are, I google it on maps.Tom says hi back!

      Delete
  4. Love where you are! The dandelions are gorgeous..I'm thinking if you are really looking for something to do dandelion wine would be great! I'll help you drink it next winter :) haha. Love the battlefield! Enjoy..hugs to you both! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful area. Dandelion wine it is a thought...LOL The older woman who lived next to us when I was very young used to make dandelion wine. I remember sitting in her living room at Christmas with my mom having a small glass with lots of sugar...lol Take care and hugs.

      Delete
  5. I know that dandelion field made you grin from ear to ear. :) It is gorgeous. Have a nice walking tour through the area, nice that some things are not blocked off and it is left to people to use their common sense in places like that. Too many parks are closed in my opinion, not trusting that 95% of us would be very careful. We need to be able to get out and walk in the fresh air.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I smile every time I see a dandelion. I agree and hopefully when the rain stops and we go back it will still be open to walk through. I can see closing certain outside areas like playgrounds just because of all the contact but just places you can walk through I am not sure what the sense is. People, like you said, need to get out in the fresh air.

      Delete
  6. Oh dandelions ... the bane of my existence. Every day I'm out picking and pulling on those critters that are taking up my entire yard!!! The yellow flowers are just to TRICK you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom would agree with you. At least this year with no lawn it will not be a discussion we will be having. Did you just call them yellow flowers???...lol

      Delete
  7. I don't think I can look at a first or second dandelion of the year any more without thinking about you and your enjoyment at seeing them. Your view and enthusiasm have forever changed those moments in my mind. Thank you.
    I love the greenery you are showing us and look forward to seeing more. A very nice area you are in, a number of things to see.
    Stay safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thing to say, Deb. Coming from you makes it very special to hear. I look forward to the next time we can sit and chat.
      It is a lovely area and I can see us coming back this way again another year. Tom and I are looking forward to checking out some of the places I found online. Even if it just ends up being a scouting mission of things to visit when they are open it should make for a nice couple of days.

      Delete
  8. Lots of places to see where History happened in the southern states. With this shelter in place you get to see them first hand. Cute decorations.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the solitude.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right with our extended stay here we are learning more about the area.

      Delete