Pages

Monday, April 13, 2020

Today the Sun Came Out


Monday, April 13, 2020

Yesterday, actually starting late Saturday evening, we had rain a lot of rain sometimes with thunder and lighting plus throw in some wind. It ended for us just after 1:00AM Monday.  Luckily nothing like the weather they had south of us or what was predicted. It was somewhat scary to have the owner of the park stop by to give us a map to the nearest storm shelter on Saturday because of the predictions. Watching the radar we could see what was coming our way and what was missing us. The saddest thing I read today was it took 30 lives. Several tornadoes touched down in the south starting in Texas and reaching across to the Atlantic Ocean causing what one article described as "catastrophic" damage. Another article said it was the deadliest tornado outbreak in the U.S. since April 2014. I personally had two thoughts when we started to see the predictions for Severe Weather, the first one was we should have turned around and went back to Arizona two weeks ago. My second thought was a blizzard of snow in April is really not that bad. I never remember being worried about where I would go if it really started to snow.
\
I will say it again we feel very lucky to have been north of the worst of it and pray for those that lost family and their homes. For everyone who is less then thrilled about being stuck in their homes because of the stay at home orders be grateful for that home. I know I am for ours.

We had a brief reprieve from the rain later in the afternoon on Sunday and I took a quick walk and snapped a couple of pictures.




 
 


Today we had beautiful blue skies with just a few clouds.

Our excitement for today, we went and did a curbside pickup of groceries at Kroger. I am beginning to think this is not a bad way to grocery shop. It certainly does curb that impulse buying. I would say the person who did our picking did a decent job of picking the produce I had on the list. At the same time there were a couple of things Tom or I would have not picked. Not awful but not the best. Right now though, since, I really would prefer to stay out of the stores no complaints.

We continue to pray that our family and friends are staying safe and healthy. Take care.



Just to be clear I do not think we should say goodbye to Easter but when I saw this I thought it was to darn cute not to share.





We are so glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.

14 comments:

  1. I was wondering how close you two were to the tornadoes. It is that time of year. Glad you were north of it.im heading east now and watching the weather closely. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right it is that time of the year. That being said, we will be thinking of you as you travel East and North through "tornado alley". Be extra careful, stay safe, and healthy.

      Delete
  2. So happy to hear you guys are safe. We've been close by where tornadoes went through a few times in our travels and hopefully never again. It is so sad for those folks - as if dealing with Covid 19 wasn't enuf. Stay alert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was what we thought not bad enough for people to be dealing with everything associated with Covid-19 now not having a place to shelter in place and even worse the loss of lives.

      Delete
  3. Oh boy do those tornados scare me. I'd rather have snow!! Hope you stay safe and always know where the closest shelter is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you guys are far enough away from the tornados. Those winds were nasty, even in TN. We were rocking at 39 mph, I can't imagine 50!
    Curbside shopping sounds gret, we've not had to do that yet. The store this morning was a pleasant experience and I got everything we needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole curbside thing is pretty good. Honestly, I would prefer to walk the aisles and do my own shopping but right now this is the best choice for us. Glad you were able to get everything you needed...:) I will say we have been lucky and are set with everything we need, also.

      Delete
  5. I like the idea of curbside shopping as you're right you definitely can't impulse buy. My problem is I'm not good at making lists..so then I'd be back the next day :) Oh well. It is good to know where the shelters are for sure, hoping you never need them. Nice to know you guys are ok :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the owner brought over a map to the shelter that was the first thing Tom said, hope we never have to use this. It is good to know where it is.

      I know what you mean about making a list, seems like I always forget something. The nice thing is once you place the "curbside" order you do have time to add to the list so that helps. Take care and stay healthy...hugs

      Delete
  6. So glad you survived that storm, it would have been a little scary. We stopped at an RV Park in Oklahoma City a few years ago and before we even registered they pointed out our site on a map and then how to get from there to the storm cellars ... it was an eye opener.

    That cartoon was cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An eye opener for sure.
      Glad you liked the cartoon.

      Delete
  7. Oh my. I feel like such a dork. We chatted yesterday about grocery shopping but I never thought about you being that close to the bad weather. So happy your area was ok. Our first trip East, I remember that feeling when we stopped at a rest area in Texas and I saw the door to the tornado shelter. Like Maxx Trails said "it was an eye opener". Blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the blessings.
      You are definitely not a dork. Plus, I appreciated the information about the grocery shopping.

      Delete