Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

A Grey Monday Then Blue Skies on Tuesday


Monday, January 25, 2021 

It rained over night and was still raining this morning when we got up. I took the first picture out the door. The next ones after that I ventured out once the rain stopped.


I could see the small wash near the Saguaro moving.

There were definitely puddles in the desert.
Though they never last to long.





Later in the morning the wind joined us.

As you can see from the pictures the wind keeps
the sky surrounding us changing quickly.





This afternoon we decided to take a ride over and check out the spot we would prefer to be parked in and, of course, there is someone parked there. Though we did find a spot close by that one we liked so fingers crossed one is open when we come back after we dump and take on water on Wednesday. It started to rain so we took a short ride. The plan had been after checking out the spot Tom would let me off West of where we are presently so I could walk back with the wind at my back but I really did not care to walk in the rain. Once we got back the rain had stopped so he drove out a ways and I was able to get a short walk in. The pictures below are from that walk.







Almost home, I can see the Stinger "B" not to far ahead.
I just made it back as a light rain started.



It was a chilly day today, the real feel said 
45 degrees. Walking with the wind behind me 
kept the walk pleasant. Glad I made the effort.

As the sun was setting this evening it brightened up the sky

and desert floor around us.

The sun is making its way down on our day.
Even though we did not see it much today it did
 make a nice appearance before leaving for the day.


Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Pictures from today's walk.

Leaving the Stinger "B" behind.


I know he is blurry and that is because I did a lot of cropping
to be able to see him. He was a very tiny little lizard.
The arrow is pointing to where I spotted him in the bottom photo.



Teddy Bear Cholla.



I had started out on my walk today heading towards the East and made a wide circle turning North for a while. When I finally turned West I was not sure how far I was from home. I was glad when I crossed  over to the road I knew would lead me to the Stinger "B" to be able to see it in the distance.




After I got back to the Stinger "B" we took a short drive. We finally saw some Quail and I got this one peering in the water.


We pulled back in just as the sun was
slipping behind the mountains.


Tomorrow we will be moving to take on water and dump our tanks. Not quite sure were we will land afterwards though we have a couple of ideas. Fingers crossed no one else has the same idea. 








We are glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.

16 comments:

  1. It's funny how one year, the desert sees a fair bit of rain and others we saw nothing. To think of water rushing through the wash and puddles - odd, eh?
    Good for you getting out for your walks. Seems like you've picked up the habit again. In a way I'm walking with you, just at different times!:)
    Thanks for the quail picture. Hope you found a good spot to settle for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still find it fascinating that there is a current even in the smallest washes when it rains. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we get enough rain to see little green leaves on the Ocotillo.😊
      Nice thought to be walking together. Glad you liked the Quail picture. Stay safe...hugs.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad to see the desert get a nice big drink. There has been very little rain this year. Hoping you find the perfect next stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were glad to see the rain, also. It looks like we may get more on Friday. Which would be a good thing and honestly I enjoy being out in the desert when it rains.

      Delete
  3. I'm sure that thirsty desert enjoyed the rain..I know ours is! Beautiful pictures once again. Hope you have a good move today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure all the plant life out here in the desert enjoyed the rain. I am sure your desert enjoyed the drink as the snow melted...:) Thank you.

      Delete
  4. I think on Monday Mother Nature was moody and couldn't decide what she wanted. But it sure was interesting. Hope you find a great spot to park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to agree with your assessment of Mother Nature on Monday but her moodiness made for some beautiful skies...lol Stay safe. Still hoping to see you guys.

      Delete
  5. With that much rain you could be seeing the desert changing colour soon.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice if we had enough rain to do just that. Stay safe.

      Delete
  6. You were brave taking a walk on Monday. Cute little lizard. They can be hard to see. Hoping the desert wakes up after all the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the desert wakes up, also, from the rain. I especially enjoy when I start to see the little tiny flowers on the desert floor.

      Delete
  7. I heard it was pretty cold on Monday but like Doug I hope the rain has the Ocotillo showing green foliage soon :) I love the collage of the Saguaro cacti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite chilly on Monday but having spent a lot of winters in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan it is hard to justify complaining about the cold out here.😊 Glad you liked the Saguaro collage, thanks for saying so.

      Delete
  8. You managed to capture the beauty of the desert again and some dramatic clouds. Hope you found your perfect spot for the next little while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying what you did about today's pictures. Stay safe.

      Delete