Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2021

Four Do Nothing Days

Monday, February 1, 2021

Not a picture was taken today. It was one of those dull grey days. Not complaining just stating a fact. We did stuff inside nothing exciting just stuff. 


Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Today the mobile tech guy came out and the jacks are now retracted and we can move. So that made it a pretty darn good day. Other then that we spent the day just doing stuff. Today's sunset was worth watching and that is what we did. Pictures below of the sky filling with color and the mountains around us.
















Wednesday, February 3, 2021

I did not actually catch the sun sinking behind the mountains tonight but I did catch a lovely glow after it went down. We were also treated to a beautiful afterglow of color again tonight. Plus, it was a really nice evening just warm enough to sit and enjoy the darkness envelope us. There was a quietness we have only ever found out here in the desert which was only broken with the conversation we had with our neighbors for a while and each other. 








Thursday, February 4, 2021

Our view this morning as we enjoyed our coffee.

By the time I thought of taking a sunset picture it had, like
last night already dropped behind the mountain. So I  
decided to take it with the Photo Illustration effect.
No clouds today so no colorful afterglow.


As we were sitting out this morning enjoying our coffee in the sunshine and the warmth it brings looking out towards the mountains the first thought is just how lucky we are to be enjoying this lifestyle in our retirement. Yet even in the enjoyment of siting and enjoying the quite I started to let my mind go to the needs to get done list and I could feel myself getting anxious.  I reminded myself first there is nothing on that list that cannot wait and secondly there is nothing wrong with just sitting and enjoying the moment. Then our neighbor called out, as he was unfolding a chair to sit and relax in, do you ever feel guilty about just sitting and doing nothing and Tom said, no and I whispered to Tom well sometime. Which of course got me thinking about how we sometimes forget that this is a lifestyle and not a vacation. When I say vacation I am referring to those two or three frantic weeks we enjoyed each year filling every moment with doing and seeing. I am not knocking those vacations they were filled with what are now wonderful memories to be treasured. Yet at the same time I am one of the ones who will admit they were exhausting. I am pretty sure Tom was glad to go back to work to relax... 😊 after all that fun. Sometimes we/I forget this is our daily life we just live on wheels now so where we park our home changes. That does not mean we have to fill every moment with doing and seeing it is okay to kick back and relax. Something I had to remind myself of as I put together the above four days for the blog because I could feel myself feeling guilty that we had not done anything I could think of to write about.  Then I started thinking about this morning as Tom and I sat drinking our coffee mostly in silence how my mind had wandered landing on the above thoughts and I decided to share those thoughts. Plus, it was a good reminder to me that it is okay to say, Today was a do nothing day several days in a row.


Friday, February 5, 2021

So today we drove to Parker to restock our groceries. Not very exciting but we had some garbage to get rid of so we drove down Plomosa Road towards Bouse to stop at their Transfer Station. There is one in Quartzsite, also. and they are open on opposite days. The ride down Plomosa Road through the mountains is a really pretty drive so not a sacrifice at all. 

Coming out on the East side of the Plomosa Mountains.







Leaving the Transfer Station

Coming into Parker, Arizona



Our last sunset in this spot had to include the
Saguaro that has graced our view.

The view to the East as the sun went down this evening.

Looking to the North the pink was settled on the mountains.

The contrails over where the sun set behind 
the mountains turned a rosy pink. 
We sat out as the darkness was descending on our last
night here in this spot; we have enjoyed this time.







We are glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.

14 comments:

  1. I don't call those do nothing days, I call them meditation and recuperation days. Why do we feel guilty just enjoying what the Lord has given us - the sky, the desert, the sunsets and each other. And sharing your thoughts and glorious pictures makes my day even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I love that you call them meditation and recuperation days.

      Delete
  2. To me it's excitement enough to see those skies and sunsets. Especially since very few people get to experience them. I admit I can get bored just sitting around and feel like I'm wasting a day, but at least I'm appreciative of nature and my surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky to be able to be part of the group that gets to experience the beauty of the southwest.
      The pictures you post and your descriptions all say how much you appreciate your surroundings.

      Delete
  3. It is time to enjoy your life after all the years of working. Doing nothing is great except you are not really doing nothing. You are enjoying the world around you and each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzie. An excellent reminder that enjoying where we are together is what it is all about.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures again. I'm partial to the saguaro in the sunrises and sunsets. I enjoy my do nothing days and even more when I can be outside. Glad you got the jacks working again so you can move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patsy. Doing nothing when you can enjoy the beautiful outdoors is the best. Well the jacks are up and that is a good thing...:)

      Delete
  5. All your pictures bring back memories.
    It's better to be doing nothing where you are then being Mandated to staying inside.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the pictures brought back some memories. Being mandated to stay inside is not fun period. Stay safe.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful pictures once again DEB! Well, if I now you you won't be doing "nothing" today. Talking snacks for the big game. You guys enjoy! Love that tent Shane got! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shirley. Your right there was some snack making...:) That tent they bought is great. Cathy and Shane put together a wonderful, fun Super Bowl party we enjoyed inside of it.

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful way to describe 'do nothing days' and thanks for sharing your beautiful sunset pictures, we have been missing our desert sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad you enjoyed the sunset pictures.

      Delete