Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

Continuing West on Interstate 10


January 7, 2015

We left Lordsburg, NM this morning and it was not long and we saw this sign.



We crossed into Arizona. Yes, I know the picture is blurry and the windshield is still dirty. I had two opportunities and this is the best one.

Another sign we have seen a lot, yesterday as we drove through New Mexico and today in Arizona, warns of dust storms. We are happy to say we did not see any.


What we did see were tumbleweeds skipping across the interstate. I did not capture any crossing but here are some piled up along the side of the road. After seeing the tumbleweeds one line from the song Tumbling Tumbleweeds went through my mind the rest of the day. "Drifting along with the tumbling tumble weeds." I of course shared this information with Tom I did not want to be the only one with that line going through my head over and over.



More of the todays scenery, once again through the windshield. We saw a sign which said Texas Canyon then a sign telling us it was against the law to deface rocks. Around the bend this is what we saw; by then it was to late to change our mind about stopping at the rest stop. These are what I captured as we drove by. I wish we would have decided to stop. So many of the large rocks looked like they only needed a little push which would send them plummeting down.





We continued on and by now we had decided on a campground near Tombstone, AZ and we would probably stop in the area for a week. Tom has been doing some research and there is a lot he wants to see.

We turned south onto Arizona State Highway 90 and headed toward the Mountain View RV Park in Huachuca City, AZ

Some of the scenery on 90.



We ended today's drive in Huachuca City, AZ . The last five days we have covered quite a few miles. The scenery out the truck window has been beautiful. I know the pictures I have posted do not do it justice. (They will serve as a reminder of what we have seen.) Plus, so much of it I was enjoying the view and I just did not think to take pictures.


"The traveler sees what he sees.
The tourist sees what he has come to see."
~Aldous Huxley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment