Pages

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Christmas Day 2017

December 25, 2017

We started our Christmas with Midnight Mass at St. Andrew the Apostle Catholic Church in Sierra Vista. I, probably have mentioned it before, but I love going to Midnight Mass. I remember the first time I was considered old enough to attend. I was in 8th grade and we were allowed to sing in the choir that year. My dad took me and my mom stayed home with my younger sister and two brothers. I, also, remember the first time Tom and I went together. He was in the Navy and was home on leave. We attended the church he grew up in, St. Patrick's, which is sadly now closed. (If I close my eyes I can even picture were we sat that night.) Over the years the churches in our area stopped having Mass at Midnight. Instead they were usually at 9 or 10. Once, we had children we started attending an earlier, very crowded, children's mass and when they were in the children's choir that was always very special. Especially when more then once it included our parents and some extended family crowded into one pew. I am sitting here typing this and thinking how wonderful it is to have beautiful family memories of Christmas and at the same time being able to create new ones. (I am done rambling...)


The altar was beautifully decorated with poinsettias.

We sat by St. Andrew Kim Taegon
We had attended this church once before and had sat near this statue.
Both of our children were born in South Korea and we decided it 
would be a nice place to sit on Christmas.

We spent time talking with our children and exchanged Christmas Greetings with a couple of our brothers and sisters before heading over to the clubhouse for Christmas Dinner.

Our wine is open and ready to take to
the Christmas dinner. It is from the
Door Peninsula Winery and is called
White Christmas.

This winery is in the Door Peninsula of Wisconsin. Driving and about 3 hours from Escanaba. We have spent many wonderful times up there, camping and staying at a couple of different Bed and Breakfast's.

We had a wonderful time chatting with Evelyn and Al during dinner.
They both have 5th Wheels parked permanently here at the park. 

It was a wonderful  dinner and as always I never think to take a picture of the food. I will say everyone we talked to, and we would have to agree, said the food was delicious.

We took a walk to end our day. I did not capture the sunset but the clouds
to the north turned a lovely pink.









We had a wonderful Christmas Day. Our hope is that you did, also.
If you would like to leave a comment, we would enjoy hearing from you.


8 comments:

  1. Family memories are great. So happy that you enjoyed your Christmas Day with new friends and a wonderful meal. Take care, hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memories are great. You take care, also. Hope to see you soon.

      Delete
  2. Memories of times many years ago ar always nice to enjoy, Meeting new people and a nice Christmas dinner there was perfect. They do wonderful meals there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something about the Christmas Holidays that drag out special family memories to think about and enjoy. It is also, wonderful to be able to make new ones and yes, they do make wonderful meals here.

      Delete
  3. Love your memories of Christmas mass..nothing better than to have those memories. The sunset is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful to be able to look back at memories of past Christmas's and at the same time realize you are making lovely new ones.

      Delete
  4. I love the memories too, nice to see the beautiful church and especially that you sat beside the statue of St. Andrew Kim Tageon. how appropriate and special!
    Meeting new friends in this lifestyle is a bonus, especially at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right meeting new friends is definitely the bonus of this lifestyle...:)

      Delete