Pages

Sunday, December 3, 2017

December 8th Will Tell the Tale

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Just a few more days, 5 to be exact as of this writing, and we will know if we will be backing out of the driveway this year or not. We have tried not to plan but then we will get to talking about the weather "predictors" and when we will have a window to escape. (It has been unseasonably warm here but of course that is about to change. By Wednesday the temperatures will be in the twenties.) Then we go back to our day to day living both of us hoping we will be leaving next week but trying not to plan or count on it. Praying and keeping our fingers crossed just the same.

Thursday, November 28, 2017

I picked my granddaughter up from Girl Scouts and as we were walking to the Jeep the sky off to the East was a beautiful pink. By the time we drove down to the Lighthouse to get a better view and picture the color was starting to fade.

The clouds did have a little of the pink left when I snapped this.


Saturday, December 2, 2017

I decided to make a batch of Meat Pies, I have not made this many in a few years. Though there was a time I would make no less then 14 pies, for when we had family and friends over during Christmas Holidays. The last few years I have only made a couple but since I had the time and the space I went for it. The two largest will go to my brother, Frank, who is always there to help when we need him and watches the house when we are gone. The littlest ones are for our daughter and we will take two medium ones with us and one will stay here in the freezer. I do not remember a Christmas Eve without meat pie it is a family tradition.







"The most treasured heirlooms
art the sweet memories of family."
~unknown




Hope you had a Wonderful Day!
If you have a moment to make a comment we would love hearing from you.


9 comments:

  1. We'll be praying for you're Escape from the Cold Temperatures. Looking forward to seeing you again. Same spot as last year.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      We know the spot. We are hoping to be stopping by when we pull in, in January.

      Delete
  2. Hope things go well and you can get on the road again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love homemade meat pie! made many for lunch specials in me restaurant.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the good wishes.
      Tom had never had meat pie before we started dating and now he is hooked. When I am baking them the smells bring back a lot of good family memories of Christmas.

      Delete
  3. All the best on the 8th, hoping to see you down here soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We are hoping to be down there soon.

      Delete
  4. I have all 10 fingers crossed and all 10 toes for good news on Dec. 8th. It will be Tom's fault if nothing gets done around here! :) I'll cross my eyes too if it helps. Your meat pies look absolutely wonderful! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the meat pies taste as good as they look...:)
      We appreciate you crossing everything and Tom says enjoy the sitting and doing nothing...lol

      Delete