Pages

Friday, December 29, 2023

Another Beautiful Sunset and A Sundog!

Friday, December 29, 2023

It was one of those do nothing type of days for me. Tom was outside "playing" with his new metal detector down in the wash next to us. Ken joined him for awhile and they did dig up an old tin can. The good news is it does detect metal. I am thinking he is going to have fun with this new purchase...🥰

A sun dog appeared during Happy Hour.

Always in search of more knowledge I looked up sun dog and found out something I did not know.
While some are as bright and colorful as rainbows, a sun dog is not a type of rainbow. Similar to rainbows, however, sun dogs also represent a prism effect. Sun dogs are most visible and noticeable when the Sun is close to the horizon. Sundogs are created by ice crystals, whereas rainbows are created by raindrops.

I missed the actual sunset but the color left behind 
was beautiful.

The clouds began picking up color. 
Over the Ogilby Hills.

The sky in the West continued to brighten.

Over the Cargo Muchacho Mountains.

The color turned from this golden orange

to a beautiful deep orange.

The color was beautiful even as the black started to engulf it.

As Tom and I continue to enjoy this Christmas Season we ended the day chatting with Kim, Ken, Keith, and Deb and that is a wonderful way to end the day. We missed Riley who did not join us today but she to is part of this special group of friends we are enjoying being parked by out here in the desert just off of Ogilby Road.





We are glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.

8 comments:

  1. The Sun Dog was very bright, and pretty. We seldom see them back home. It was a nice relaxing happy hour!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted a metal detector all my life. Now I get to experience it through Tom!! Can't wait to see what he finds. Gorgeous sunsets!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to see what he finds, also. He has talked about getting one forever and I am glad he finally did. The sunsets out here have been gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful sunset pictures. Hope Riley feels better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone, including Riley, are really getting better every day. Thank you

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Patsy. I was surprised the camera on my phone was able to pick up the color as good as it did. It was a beautifully bright one!

      Delete