Today ended up being a do nothing day. We did not move and we did not go any where. By the time I took the two pictures below, just a little before noon, we had decided to spend another night right where we are. There was still a lazy snow coming down when I snapped these and what had been on the ground was gone.
|Out our front windshield.|
|Out the door and to the left.|
Should we have left as planned? Was it the right decision to stay? One thing we have learned is once we make the decision those questions are both useless to think about. So instead we enjoyed a quiet day. Tom put up the antennae and was able to find a station to watch the Green Bay Packer game later in the day. I do not remember the last time he was able to do that so he was a happy camper especially since they won. I did some hand sewing that I had been putting off and finished stringing a bracelet along with a necklace I had started when we were still in Escanaba. All in all it was a nice quiet Sunday here in the Stinger "B".
Monday, October 28, 2019
Before going to bed last night we spent some time looking at the temperatures for where we planned on heading. When we got up this morning we did the same thing. It looks like it is going to be pretty cold one low temperature we saw was a -2 so we knew we could not go that way. Then with some sadness I called and talked with Shirley, Seeing America with Ken and Shirley, to let them know we would not be able to come their way. We were so looking forward to seeing them and where they live, she posts some beautiful pictures, and are very disappointed it will not happen. Though we may come up with a Plan B or C.
We instead turned the Stinger "B" south and we are now getting close to St. George, Utah where we plan on stopping for the night.
Reflecting on yesterday's decision, if we had left we would have found ourselves dealing with some very cold weather. So in the end that decision did end up being the right one.
We are glad you took the time to stop by.
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.
A relaxing day anywhere is a good one, enjoy them while you can and colder weather is not an options in my books either.ReplyDelete
You are so right a relaxing day is always welcome and enjoyable.Delete
Do nothing days are important every once in a while, and while is was sad not to see Ken and Shirley it sounds like you made the right decision to head away from the cold. May warmer weather be in your future :-)ReplyDelete
I agree, do nothing days are important. It was the right decision but still wish we would have not had to make it. We found some warmth...:)Delete
Driving in snow, or worse - slush, is no fun in an RV. Hope you find warmer weather soon. In snowed in Albuquerque this morning and very cold temps all week. Yuck. Anyway, I'm sure Ken and Shirley would understand. They get their share of snow out their way.ReplyDelete
You are right, driving in the snow is never fun. We have had enough of that fun living in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and want to avoid it going forward in time. Shirley and Ken did understand.Delete
I'm sorry that your plans to see Ken and Shirley didn't pan out. There is always next time and hopefully during the winter months you will be seeing them. The right decision is the one you (we) make for us and no one can prove otherwise. :)ReplyDelete
We were sorry, also. I am sure things will work and we will see them, and that is the important part, but it would have been fun to see their place.Delete
Yikes!! I'd be out of there in a flash if I saw snow!! Hoping you get to warmer weather soon!!ReplyDelete
It did get warmer by the end of the day and it looks like the temperatures ahead will be even warmer. About that we are smiling.Delete
At least that snow was not on the highway...:)
I'm so sorry it didn't work to get to see you two, but totally understandable! We're just going to do a one day turnaround to Winnemucca on Thursday, as we don't want frozen pipes either! Hoping to see you soon! :)ReplyDelete
I knew you guys would understand but it still made us sad to make the decision and then make the call. Fingers crossed you don't have frozen pipes. Hoping the same thing, that we get to see you soon!Delete
P.S. The woman at the RV Park in Winnemucca was very nice and understanding when Tom called and cancelled our reservations.