Quick Update (check) No pictures for today.
(added picture on 12/14/2018)
The house is done and empty, finally...finally...finally!!!
We have signed with Key Realty here in Escanaba and the agent we have is very enthusiastic so we are hoping. Realistically we know it is winter and the holiday season so we will not expect a lot of movement for a bit. We did decide to use some help from St. Joseph so he is buried in the yard. We purchased a kit and followed the instructions so now we wait. I did feel bad about the whole burying thing so I double ziplocked him.
Our computer died, with help...we were hacked, last month and then the decision was what to purchase for not a lot of dollars. We settled on a Dell, after our son did the research, which was the brand our first desktop was and we were happy with back then. I finally got around to opening and setting it up today so I do not know a lot about it yet. The one thing I do like so far is the size. It is slightly smaller than the old one and I can use it on my lap which is a good thing since there is nothing left in this house to set it on. With help from our son, again, I checked the hard drive on our old computer and it looks okay. So I am going to get a kit and hopefully be able to transfer the information I need off of it. Luckily I had most of the pictures backed up on memory "things". I have learned a lesson and will use the cloud for this computer.
The "plan", which changed many times the past couple of months was to leave this past Monday then we both lost steam cleaning on Sunday and decided Tuesday was the day to back the Stinger "B" out of the driveway and be on our way. I took pictures of the house, we went to bed, and we were back up just before 5:00AM on Tuesday, by 6:15AM Tom was backing the Stinger "B" out of the driveway, he headed over to St. Anne's parking lot to leave it while we finished up a few things here at the house. We finished and locked the door for what we hoped was the last time, headed over to McDonalds (granddaughter request) then drove over to our daughter's to say goodbye. We then drove back to the Stinger "B" hooked the Jeep to her and it would not shift into Tow Mode. After several tries we gave up and while I called Riverside, local dealer, to see if they could look at it, Tom unhooked the Jeep. By 8:30 we were sitting in their waiting room hoping for a quick, inexpensive fix. That was not to be. By around 2:00PM they told us what the issue was and that unfortunately they could not get the part until Wednesday, today. They would then do their best to get it installed by tonight, it is a big job we were told, so no promises it may not be done until tomorrow. There was some good news it is all going to be covered under the warranty so it will not cost us anything. Every cloud does have a silver lining.
|Getting ready to back out of the driveway|
for what we thought was the last time.
So for now we are parked back in the driveway with our electric heaters running so everything does not freeze because we do not want to unload and reload the stuff again. We are hoping, praying, and keeping our fingers crossed (covering all the bases) it will be done today and we can leave tomorrow morning. Right now there is a weather window for Thursday but is not looking good for Friday. It looks like the next window would be Saturday. We have reservations in Ajo, AZ with friends we have not met in person but have been corresponding with for well over a year and are looking forward to spending time with so with luck we will leave tomorrow. If not we may not get there on the date planned but we will get there. I am going to keep positive thoughts and so is Tom...we are spending Christmas in Ajo.
We hope everyone is enjoying this season of Anticipation!