We were both up around 6:30AM this morning and once the sun was up we had blue skies and sunshine. Tom made the coffee and we sat and enjoyed our caffeine while we discussed if we should stay another day or head out. We decided to give the roads one more day and wait until tomorrow.
Around 10:00AM I decided to take a walk and snap a couple of pictures. It was surprisingly not to bad walking considering the temperature was at 20 degrees. It probably helped that I had a chook, mittens, boots, and winter jacket on. Plus, the sun was shining. Tom was busy adding some water to the Stinger "B" and talking with a neighbor. They are a young couple traveling home from Arkansas and live in Albuquerque. To get this close to home and not be able to travel the last 90 miles, now that is frustrating.
|By this evening there were several rigs parked in here.|
|Looking back at the Stinger "B".|
|Empty when I took this but throughout the afternoon several rigs pulled in.|
|Nice white fluffy snow. It was twinkling in the sun light.|
|At least Tom's beer is cold.|
Though he is down to his last three.
|The Stinger "B" looking all shiny in the sunshine.|
From a distance she looks so clean.
We spent a good part of the afternoon playing Gin. A card game we have played a lot over the years while camping. It was a game even our kids enjoyed. If we were camping we were playing Gin. When we bought the Crusader, our 5th wheel, we started keeping score in a notebook. One of these days I should go through and see who has won the most games. Right now while we have played here in Santa Rosa we are tied at two wins each.
So that was our day and we enjoyed it.
Hope you had an enjoyable day, also.
Sunday, December 30, 2018
According to our weather app there is another storm coming in tomorrow evening. So we have decided to leave this morning. We are praying, hoping, and I am keeping my fingers crossed (Tom is driving) that we make it to I-10 today. We can see snow in the forecast for Tuesday along the I-10 corridor so again praying, hoping, and I will be keeping my fingers crossed we are in Tucson by Monday evening. It will be two very long days for Tom but like he said even though we prefer not to do we have done it in the past. Please keep good thoughts coming our way.
Sending you prayers and good thoughts for a sunny drive to Tucson. You are braver than I. I would probably be camped out there for the next month waiting for the snow to disappear!!ReplyDelete
Thank you we appreciate them. Nancy, Tom was confident it would be okay and I just had to trust him.Delete
I'm glad you decided to move because of the storm. It is very pretty in the snow but you have nicer things ahead. Drive safe and remember to stop for a break when you need to. Praying and sending good wishes (and hugs) your way for the road.ReplyDelete
Thanks for the prayers, good wishes and hugs we needed them all. With another storm in the forecast Tom felt we had no choice but to leave.Delete
Travel safely you two! You made the right decision to stay for sure and now to travel on!ReplyDelete
Thank you for the good wishes.Delete
Beautiful to look at. An excellent fridge but not nice to be stuck in. Safe travels!!!!!ReplyDelete
Thank you. Excellent point nice fridge, beautiful to look at but not fun to be stuck in.Delete
Wise choice not to stay for another round of Snow.ReplyDelete
Like Tom said "You've done it before" not wanting to do it again but "You do what you have to". Positive thoughts coming your way.
Be Safe and Enjoy the adventure.
It's about time.
Thanks for the positive thoughts we needed each of them.Delete
Good luck and safe travels day to Tucson.ReplyDelete
Thank you for the good wishes.Delete
Sending prayers your way for safe travels.ReplyDelete
Thank you we truly appreciated them.Delete
haha.. the beer.. LOLReplyDelete