Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2020

The Dust of the Desert is Gone (Another Catch Up Post)

Saturday, February 1, 2020

It is hard to believe it is February; the time flies by way to fast.  We are enjoying our time here at the Westwind RV Park. Well, if you can call vacuuming, dusting, and doing wash fun. Actually, it does feel good to do all those things and take long showers without worrying about the amount of water being used or going out.  Later in the afternoon we did sit out and relax for awhile and enjoy a quiet Happy Hour.  There will probably not be many sunrise or sunset pictures while we are here because even though you can tell by the color of the sky the sun has arrived and left we are in a tight RV Park. Just the same we have stayed here in the past and we do see ourselves staying here again.  The location is right for us and everyone here is very friendly. Plus, this is a secure park and very clean.


Our Site
Starting at Bottom Picture: First two are immediately to our
right and left, sitting out on our patio, then down the street.




Friday, January 24, 2020

Friday morning dawned with some color in the clouds before the sun made its appearance.





The sun is making its way up.
For whatever reason I decided not to wait and take
a picture of the sunrise.

Today Joanne and Bob along with Higgins are off on new
adventures over towards Indio, California.
We have enjoyed this time being parked next to them.
 Looking forward to the next time we cross paths.
Have fun and be safe!

Not to long after Tom and I headed over to Blythe. I had ordered
a couple of things from Amazon and I was informed the
Rite Aid in Blythe was the nearest place to pick it up.


Side note: when I was picking up our mail at the Post Office in Quartzsite I noticed they had Amazon packages there. When I asked I was told it depends how Amazon sends it. There was a line behind me so I did not ask anything else besides my package was already in Blythe yet I  found that interesting. When I called Amazon Customer Service before placing the order, and asked about having it shipped to the Post Office in Quartzsite  I was told about the "locker" in Blythe. If we ever need to get something through Amazon when we are in Quartzsite again I will be checking into that further.


Heading back to Quartzsite there was a lot of traffic
heading both ways on I-10.


It is always a  pretty ride

both ways through the Dome Rock Mountains.

I do not thing we will ever get tired


of this ride.

A very pink container behind a very blue semi.

Always enjoy seeing the Kofa Mountains off in the distance
as we pass by the Dome Rock BLM area.

Now that Joanne and Bob are gone there is a large space 
between Kim and Ken's Journey and the Stinger "B".

Between the picture above and the picture below we gathered for a smaller Happy Hour. As I recall Bill and Keith were off taking care of a repair needed on Keith's plane.  So today it would have been Patsy, Kim, Ken, Tom and I.


As the sun started to set this evening I decided 
to put my zoom lens on

 to capture the changing colors around us.

I do like how the clouds take on different shapes.
I know what I see and it is up to your imagination
as to what you see.

The sun going down on our

day parked out at LaPosa South


near Quartzsite, Arizona.

With what looked like a sideways burst of light it was gone.

Leaving behind shadows in the mountains.



There is definitely some dust in the air.


Then the clouds started to turn a lovely shade of pink.





Just above where the sun had disappeared for the day
the last of the pink could be seen slowly turning black.

Then the show of color was done for the day and the black
of night started to descend on the desert around us.




Saturday, January 25, 2020


Today we drove over to the Ramada here at LaPosa South to join nine other bloggers for Bloggerfest.
It was a small group but still a pleasant couple of hours spent talking about why we do what we do, what led us to the decision to do this type of traveling, and why we blog about it. There is a common thread among RVer's that have chosen this lifestyle yet how we each approach the lifestyle is different. Tom and I found it interesting to listen to each of the explanations.

Thank you, Paula for getting us together this year and Sandie for being part of the group who started the whole idea. We will remember the date, the last Saturday of the "Big Tent" in Quartzsite. If we are in the area, and that is the plan, next year we will look forward to bringing our chairs and joining the group. 


Top Photo: Bill, Ken, Doug & Yuma, Sandie, Paula
Bottom Left, Tom, Kim, Patsy
Bottom Right: John, Brenda and their two dogs

Leaving the Bloggerfest we re-grouped back at our spot for Happy Hour.


Top Left: Tom and Keith
Top Right: Bill and Patsy
Bottom: Kim, Ken, and Doug

Sitting at out patio watching tonight's sunset 

and a little bit of a pink afterglow

is how we ended out day.
Another good day spent enjoying the company of friends
out in the desert. 





We are so glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.



P.S. Today is Palindrome 
The only eight-digit one of the century.

12 comments:

  1. A wonderful time you had staying at La Posa South. The photos were wonderful. The Stinger Bee is starting to look pretty spiffy I'll bet. Enjoy the hook ups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our time at LaPosa South was wonderful. The Stinger "B" has the desert dust, on the inside gone, for now...lol

      Delete
  2. Glad we were able to all meet at Bloggerfest. It has been a busy couple of weeks. Great pictures of the sunset. I may just try that all the water you want life pretty soon. I call today flip flop day because of the date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad we took the time to go to Bloggerfest, also.
      The all you want water life is pretty good every once and awhile which is why we try and mix it up. Though I do miss the see for ever scenery.

      Delete
  3. I do enjoy RV park time, if the spaces are not too close together. The second best part is the closeness of shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree larger spaces would be nice, this park is tight. I was impressed that the guy was able to get us in here. Yet we do like this park. Close shopping is not a bad thing...:)

      Delete
  4. Great catch up Deb! Love all the beautiful pictures of the desert. Enjoy your time in the full hook up spot, but i'm sure you'll be ready for the big open desert soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shirley. We are enjoying the full hookups yet at the same time missing the desert.

      Delete
  5. You can recieve packages in Quartzsite at BCM Mail & Ship https://bcmmailandship.com/ They are at 852 W. Cowell St and you can pick up packages there (mail or courier) for $3.each. (928) 927-4213 I received both Amazon and Ebay packages there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ivan. That is good information to have for the future. I just put that information in my RVing Information folder.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the catch up. It makes such a difference for me having visited all the places you are talking about to visualize in addition to your pictures. Yes, there was a lot of dust and I personally didn't like it, but no place is really perfect. The views however are absolutely fantastic and hard to beat especially compared to here in Florida. :) I'll keep following your travels...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is dust, like you said no place is perfect, but the views are certainly worth it.
      I always enjoy seeing pictures on other blogs of where we have been. I find it interesting to see the places through someone else's eyes.
      Glad to read you will be following.

      Delete