Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Shopping, Friends Visit and (More Catching Up)

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

As we drank our coffee this morning we talked about going to Mexico for lunch, we talked about taking a ride, we talked about doing some shopping, and we talked about doing absolutely nothing. In the end shopping won there were a couple of places I wanted to go and pick up a few things so after slowly letting the morning slip by we got ready and took off.




First stop Hobby Lobby were I did not find what I was looking for, a small basket for fruit, but a couple other things. Then I walked a couple of doors down to Dollar Tree to pick up Valentine's Day Cards.
After that we headed over to Felicity to stop at the gift shop at the Center of the World. In the past we had picked up a cute book for our grandkids there and with the arrival of Thomas Norman this past summer we needed one more. Then we took a ride out to the Imperial Date Gardens Gift Shop. Tom had not had a date shake yet this adventure and that needed to happen. Plus, we picked up some dates for later.


The fields of vegetables really are quite beautiful but you 
can see as you drive a lot a lot of hard work goes into
 keeping those fields green and productive.

Yuma is the Iceberg Lettuce Capital of the World
and we could see it being picked today.

I saw this tree and liked the look of it.
Tom stopped and I took a picture.


Wednesday, February 5, 2020


Today was one of those laid back days. We had friends coming over for Happy Hour but I had made snacks last night and all the ingredients for the Beer Margaritas were in the refrigerator waiting to be mixed up. So after our coffee this morning we slowly got ready and then had a quick lunch. Though the temperatures were in the low 60's the other rigs surrounding us pretty much block any breeze. Plus, our patio is facing southwest and with the sun shining sitting outside today waiting for our company to arrive was quite pleasant. With a sweater I found I was warm enough to enjoy the fresh air. Linda and Len arrived right around 2 o'clock and their friends Delores and Trav arrived not long after. We had things set up inside if it felt to chilly sitting out but everyone agreed it was nice to be outside. We enjoyed meeting their friends, both couples are from Oregon, and the time flew by spent  chatting about a little of this and a little of that.  After everyone left Tom and I sat out a little longer enjoying the sun's warmth. When it started to sink in the west it took its warmth with it and it was time to come in. It certainly was a pleasant afternoon spent with friends. To bad I did not remember about taking a picture until it was just Tom and I sitting out there. Seriously, I need a large sign.




(Catching Up)


Tuesday, January 28. 2020

We were both up before the sun. Tom made coffee and I went out to take pictures of the sun rising and bringing light to the new day.



Using my zoom lens

I do like how the early morning light of the sun rising

slowly brightens the day 

and cast shadows in the mountains.


The Stinger "B" in the early light as I watched the sunrise
on our last day here at LaPosa South for this Adventure.

The shadows lengthen as the 

sun rises higher in the sky.

Our check list done and we are ready to leave but amazingly
I thought lets take a picture.
Left to right: Bill, Patsy, Keith, Kim, Ken, Myself, and Tom

After hugs all around and the see you down the roads Tom got in the Stinger "B" and I got in the Jeep to pull out. Tom will be stopping to top off our water as we will be boondocking for a few more days then he will be heading into Quartzsite to top off our diesel. After that we are only going a few miles down the road so we will not be hooking the Jeep up.


I went ahead to take this picture of Tom pulling away.

I pulled in to take one last look and picture of the Ocotillo
below. Turning I snapped this picture of the rest of the
 gang still standing and chatting.

This Ocotillo is still grey but to me still beautiful.
Looking forward to seeing you next year.

I drove into Quartzsite to take one last look around while Tom got Diesel and then as we headed out I had a "Service Shifter"  show up on the screen and when I looked down all the shift lights were on. So I pulled over and called Tom to let him know. I shut it off, as Tom suggested, and restarted the Jeep and it was gone. Tom decided to follow me just in case I had another issue. (It would not be that easy for him to turn the motorhome around and come back for me.) It happened one more time as we pulled into our new site and then not again. Though as I mentioned in the last post it has since been taken care of.



We have made it to our new site.
We can see the Igloo in the distance but Deb and Riley
are off running errands.

Parked in our new neighborhood.

More pictures of the most unusual

we have ever seen. 

Deb does and excellent job of describing it here on her
blog, On a long and lonesome highway....


Kofa Mountains in the distance.


As the sun started to set tonight I put my zoom lens back on.

I wanted to be able to capture all the shadows in the nooks and
crannies plus the colors. Deb had mentioned how this mountain
takes on a pink hue at sunset and I wanted to see it up close.


There are many reasons we love being parked out in the desert.
Two of them are sunrises and sunsets.

The plant life, the mountains, and the sky 

put on two great shows a day.

Pretty with a touch of pink.

I know Tom is not looking at the sun but I love how it looks
like he is. He was actually on the hunt for firewood.

The sun was setting on our day and I loved watching it

and with a clear view of it I took a lot of pictures.

I narrowed it down to these.





With just a touch of orange left soon the sky will be black
and filled with stars.

Mixed emotions today. I, and I think Tom feels the same way, am always somewhat sad to leave LaPosa South. It was a fun two weeks and we enjoy our time there visiting with friends. Yet we are so happy that Deb and Riley were willing to share there place in the desert with us. It is beautifully quiet here and the views go on and on. 









We are glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.

10 comments:

  1. Another wonderful catch up post Deb. Love the photos. I'm always amazed at the painters palette that fills the skies often twice a day. We are so fortunate to do what we do and enjoy the people, views and places we can. Stay safe, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb. The colors in the skies are amazing and when it happens twice a day it is a bonus. We are indeed fortunate to do what we do. The opportunity to visit so many beautiful places and meet wonderful people along the way.

      Delete
  2. Your camera takes beautiful sunset pictures. I always make a point of stopping at the Imperial Gardens. Always relaxing there and I get to break the rules and have some ice cream. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being able to break the rules and have ice cream every once and awhile I think is a good thing...:)

      Delete
  3. The days pass by so quickly. Beautiful sunset pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The days are picking up speed it seems like.

      Delete
  4. Great looking pictures as always. Glad you are enjoying yourselves.
    We miss our time spent with you. Everything is White here.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We certainly missed seeing you and Kathy this year and spending time together. Stay warm.

      Delete
  5. You are so much better at catching up than I ever am!! Nice to have friends and new friends at Happy Hour..hmmm beer margaritas, I always forget about them but so yummy!! Beautiful pictures and memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Since, I am always behind I do my best to remember...lol
      Next time we get together we need to remember to make beer margaritas they are yummy!

      Delete