Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2021

A Special Spot in the Desert

Thursday, November 25, 2021 (Thanksgiving)

This morning I opened the curtains to blue skies and no clouds. So I grabbed my camera and headed out to get a couple of pictures of this morning's sunrise. They never disappoint out here.



I always enjoy watching the sun slowly brighten
 the desert surrounding us as it makes it way up 
to travel across the day's sky.





A little later there were 
Thanksgiving Mimosas to enjoy.

Our day quietly slipped by and soon the sun was setting.





I know I have probably mentioned this several times but 

there truly is a softness and quiet that happens in the desert

as the sunlight leaves the day and twilight begins.

Even the colors of the plants and Saguaros 

soften and become muted.




Soon after this last picture the inky darkness of night surrounded us and the stars fill the sky. It was a good day to be living our dream.

Friday, November 26, 2021 


After getting dressed and starting to get things ready to 
pull out of this spot I took my second cup of coffee and 
went outside. As I drank the last of my coffee I took these 
pictures of the views around me. I will miss this place.

This spot out in the desert near Quartzsite, AZ is hands down my favorite place. We have parked at several places over the years all beautiful. Places were the views were wonderful or we have been parked near friends and the memories of those places and times are special.  There is just something about this spot that brings a peacefulness to my whole being one of those things that cannot be explained just experienced. Tom knows how I feel about this spot and as we were getting ready to leave he looked at me and said we will come back. For now for a couple of reasons it was time to leave.

Just as I got back inside to get back to getting things ready to move we both heard the distinct noise of tires coming our way. Looking out the window we could see Black Beauty with Patsy and Bill inside along with Gibbs, whom we got to meet today, he is a cutie and full of puppy life. What a great surprise to see them pull up! It was really nice to see them and do some quick catching up. We are glad you found us.  I just wish I had remembered to grab the camera and take a picture.

One last picture of the Stinger "B" in this spot and we are off.


When we were registering at La Posa South Sue and Lorne pulled up and we had a chance to chat. They mentioned a spot near them that was right on a wash that sounded really nice. They gave me directions as Tom pulled away to head to the dump station and to fill our fresh water tank. After heading into Quartzsite to put gas in the Jeep which was showing low on fuel I went in search of the spot. I thought I knew where I was going but not on the first try. Then spotting Patsy and Bill sitting outside of their rig I pulled up to ask them where Lorne and Sue were parked. While chatting they mentioned they, along with her sister and husband, were going to go in and have dinner at Gringo's, what I would describe as a Mexican Food Truck with a seating area inside a tent, and asked if we would like to join them. We had read about it on Lorne's Blog A Place Called "Away" and were thinking of checking it out so after talking with Tom we decided to join them. Tom and I were glad we went; the food was good and so was the company.  We will definitely go back again. 

Getting myself back on track, Bill pointed out where Lorne and Sue were so I headed over towards their rig I spoke to Lorne and he pointed out the spot and it was a nice one. The only problem was it was not really flat and presently are stabilizers are not working, it is on the list, and so we needed a flat spot. So I turned myself around and headed over to where I knew it would be pretty flat. I then called Tom, who by this time was wondering where I had gone and he headed out to where I was waiting. The good news is it is flat, the sad news it is not by the wash Sue and Lorne mentioned.


Dinner at Gringo's
Tom, Bill, Patsy, Gayle, and John.





We are glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.

10 comments:

  1. Any spot in the desert is a good spot. I mostly love those pink morning mountains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I/we agree. It is a toss up for me as to what I like best morning or twilight both special in a different way...😊

      Delete
  2. It was a treat to first find your RR spot and then to share a meal with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would have to agree. Nice surprise to see you pull up and nice sharing a meal.

      Delete
  3. Nummy, Thanksgiving mimosa's that sounds like a great way to start a special day! Beautiful sunrise and sunset pictures, Quartzite never disappoints in that area. Have fun in your new spot surround by fellow bloggers :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimosa's are a nice way to start a special day. Quartzsite does have some beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you found a good spot to park. We are a noisy bunch over here anyway!!! Sorry Alaska Dan was not at Gringo's to entertain you. He is very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would have tolerated the noise because I have a feeling the air over there is mostly filled with laughter/joy.
      Tom and I are hoping to try Gringo's one more time before we head down to Ogilby and with any luck catch Alaska Dan. We have a feeling in January the line will be out the door quite a ways.

      Delete
  5. Glad you3in your favorite place. One of many I'm sure. My there are a bunch of you having fun. So happy for you. That little Gibbs is sure cute 😍 Enjoy your stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right there is something special about several places we have parked. It is always nice running into fellow bloggers and RVer's. Gibbs is a cutie.

      Delete