Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2023

It is a Wonderful World!

Sunday, January 22, 2023 

Sunday morning and we will be going to Mass in Borrego Springs this morning and as I sit typing this there are blue skies out our window with a few soft white clouds in my view. The temperature is 41 degrees.

I have two days of pictures to go through and decide which ones I want to share on the blog but this morning this song kept playing through my mind as I read other blogs. I keep thinking about how lucky Tom and I are to have met so many wonderful people that we now think of as special friends along this journey we call life. Not just since we started this lifestyle but looking way back to when we were children growing up, plus through our younger years when we were raising our children and working. We think of our sisters and brothers as not only family but friends. Our children and grandchildren our healthy and we feel proud of who they all are. We are blessed.

I will be adding the last two days to our blog over the next couple of days but for now I am having a sentimental moment so I am going to share the lyrics to this song. 

Tom and I never forget just how lucky we are to be Living our Retirement Dream!

It is a Wonderful World!


What a Wonderful World
Louis Armstrong

I see trees of green, 
red roses too
I see them bloom, 
for me and for you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

I see skies of blue,
and clouds of white
The bright blessed days, 
dark sacred nights
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

The colors of the rainbow 
so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces 
of people going by
I see friends shaking hands 
sayin' how do you do
They're really sayin' I love you

I hear babies cry, 
I watch them grow
They'll learn much more 
than I'll never know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Yes, I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Oh, yes

Songwriters: George David Weiss, Robert Thiele. 




13 comments:

  1. I have always loved that song and the lyrics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "What a wonderful world" song by Louis Armstrong is my absolute favourite!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is who I could here in my head this morning and now again as write this.

      Delete
  3. Barb and I were just talking about that yesterday! Not only our friends but having met each other. We are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely song and the volume goes up and i sing along each time it comes on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too...it really says it all about the life we are blessed to be living.

      Delete
  5. We feel the same way about you and Ken...🥰.

    ReplyDelete