Pages

Friday, January 20, 2023

Thursday, January 19, 2023 

I was playing around with some of the settings on my camera last night and never returned it to the setting I usually keep it on. I did not realize that until I clicked the first picture and looked at it. I was going to delete it but I actually liked the look of it.


It was a little chilly when 

I stepped outside

to take pictures

of our first Sunrise in this place
we are calling home for now. 

I could see the sun's light reflecting in the Sultan Sea.

Looking towards the  Santa Rosa Mountains I can see
the shadows of the Stinger "B" and the White Lion.


The Borrego Badlands in the early morning light.
Trying to figure out the mountains we can see in the 
distance. Could those be the Vallecito Mountains?


We had a wonderful surprise this morning; Deb and Riley drove over and joined Doug, Tom, and I, along with Yuma, for Coffee Hour. Tom and I were just getting dressed to sit out with our second cup of coffee when we heard their vehicle pull up. There was a slight breeze and a chill in the air but sitting with friends under a sunny sky the conversation and laughter made it feel warm. 

Deb, Riley, and Doug are off for a walk. They were
checking to see if they could see the Igloo from up here. 

While they were gone I went inside to publish our blog.
Stepping back out afterwards I could see the shadows 

the clouds were creating on the Mountains.

Then in the distance I could see the trio coming back 
and Deb waving. They were not able to see the Igloo.

I am sure some would say it looks flat and brown but 
what I see is a beauty of space that stretches on forever.



To soon we were saying see you later and 
Deb and Riley were down the hill and headed home.

A little later in the afternoon we were sitting out with Doug and I decided to leave the two of them talking and take a short walk. 

It always amazes me how these little green plants
grow out here in this hard rocky soil.

The views as I walked need no further explanation.

Except to say they are beautiful.

My favorite plant out here is the Ocotillo.

I could see the sun starting to make
 its way down as I got closer to home.


The last of the sun's light as it dropped
behind the dark clouds.
The sun lights up the mountains across the Sultan Sea.
 I wonder if those are the Chocolate Mountains.



We had all gone in as the wind started to
pick up. Looking out the window I could
see Doug taking down his flag.

I know I may sound like "broken record" but today was a good day. We spent it together and with friends in a place with views that go on forever how could I describe it any other way.






We are glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.

9 comments:

  1. I have yet to see any healthy ocotillo this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen some Ocotillo along H22 with little green leaves. I will be taking pictures...😊

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful day from sunrise to sunset! The vistas where you are right now are pretty incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never get tired of how the land just seems to stretch on forever out here. Back home we have a lot of trees in our views. Not a bad thing just different.

      Delete
  3. The views do make taking good pictures easy. We will miss you and Riley when the time comes to head in different directions but we are going to have so many great memories.

    ReplyDelete