Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2023

The Days Keep Slipping By...

 Friday, January 13, 2023

Tom's dental appointment wasn't until 11 this morning so we did not take off until around 10 o'clock. Once we parked and walked across the border Tom continued on to his appointment and we, Deb, Riley, and myself, did some slower paced walking through the venders. Ended up taking a walk down one street we had never been on before. Did make a couple of purchases one with Deb's help. All she said several times was, I will think about it and he came down to the price I was willing to pay. I do enjoy the fun of negotiating the price but this guy knew what he wanted for the piece, which will remain unnamed, I feel like I got a deal, I am sure he still made money so it is a win, win for both of us

We eventually made our way to the Cantina we had agreed to meet Tom at and we ran into him just a couple of venders away from our destination. We had lunch and Margaritas all agreeing it was the best food we have had so far. In my opinion though the El Paraiso still has the best Margaritas and it was our last stop before heading to the line to come back across to the United States. 

The line was not to long and in no time we were headed toward the parking lot and home. It  was another fun day made more enjoyable by the company. It was Tom's last dental appointment but we are considering one more trip across before we leave this place.  

 Tonight's Sunset

The sun lighting up the top of the Cargo Muchacho Mountains
off to the north of us.

Flowering bushes in the wash behind us.

Watching the last little bit of the sun slip behind the
sand dunes to the west of us.

A golden glow is all that is left

of the sun's light.

No clouds over the mountains tonight but I could
still see a soft pink glow above.

It was a good day filled with laughter and fun! 


Saturday, January 14, 2023

I almost did not go out this morning when I got up. I told Tom people are going to think I took one picture and keep publishing it. I have to admit two things a lot of the sunrises, and sunsets for that matter, out here look very similar. Yet I personally never get tired of watching them. Back in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan we have the same beautiful sunrises and sunsets but for the most part we are parked in the midst of houses, other RV's or trees that obscure the total view. Out here there is a open, vastness of space that seems to go on forever and we mostly have an unobscured view of the horizon. Though back home watching a sunrise or sunset by one of the Lakes is pretty spectacular, also. I have written it before and you will probably read it again. We are so lucky to be living our retirement dream and enjoying all the beautiful places this Country we call home has to offer. 

I stepped out to this.

Then looking south

and west the sky was beautifully 
colored with pinks and oranges.

The sun is coming up but we would not see it today.
It tried a couple of times between the clouds but never
quite made it to shine down upon us.

Deb and I had been standing and chatting while watching the sky. She had gotten several nice shots before I stepped out. I think if you read this blog you know where to look to see hers, if you have not already. Anyway, after standing there for a few minutes we agreed there would not be any sun to see and separated to head in to our homes to have a nice hot cup of coffee.

Later we braved the still chilly air with our second cup and Deb braved the same chill and joined us for a short Coffee Hour. Even though Tom, the gentleman that he is, had brought us each an afghan out to try and keep warm under it was not long and we all agreed it was time to head in were it would be warmer. 
 
Later in the afternoon after Tom got back from running a couple of errands we again braved the chill in the air and sat outside. I took the opportunity to put the lights I had out on the tables away. There is a mention of rain the next couple of nights so I decided it was time to do so. 

Tom decided to start a small fire to get rid of all the paper we have accumulated while we have been here. Not even the promise of the warmth of the fire could entice the residents of the Igloo out for a bit...lol Deb mentioned something about the cold and shivering...lol 
While out there we did get a few drops of rain so we put our chairs away and soon came inside. We did get a few more drops as I was writing this.  

Our campfire. I wonder if you see what I do.

Before the time for the sunset 
we could see this color in the sky to the south.


This color was with us for several hours and
hardly changed during that time.

A little south of where the sun would actually go down.

No sunset to be seen but still a pretty view.

With no sun it was a little chilly today and the sky mostly stayed a slate grey. It was a do nothing type of day and that is pretty much what I did, nothing. Those do nothing days can be pretty wonderful.





We are glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.

12 comments:

  1. The sunsets make the cold worth it. It's all about haggling the prices in Mexico. The more you say I'll think about it, the lower they will come down on the price. Sounds like you got a nice deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get a nice deal and the haggling is part of the fun.

      Delete
  2. Toast, flip…..lol. It was too cold and damp for me this afternoon, I stayed bundled up all day, just my nose and fingers sticking out. Lol. I thought you had a great deal on the item, considering we didn’t say hardly anything. The new area was interesting, I think there is more to discover in that area and next year I think we might do that.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not sitting out weather but we tried...lol I am thinking you are probably right about there being more vendors further down to be discovered.

      Delete
  3. Glad to read that you got a good deal and Tom's dental appointment was to his satisfaction.
    Those pictures are a reminder to us of everything we are missing.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom is definitely glad to be done with dental appointments for this year. Hopefully, you two will be out enjoying that new to you 5th wheel soon.

      Delete
  4. I believe they expect us to haggle and as long as we don't feel we are cheating them or ourselves, it's a great deal!!
    Good for Tom being done at the dentist. Next trip he will enjoy better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom is glad to be done with his dental appointments for this year. I agree they do expect us to haggle and that is part of the fun for everyone.

      Delete
  5. Glad Tom is finished with his dental work and hopefully won't need more next year. The California storm reached us this time. Hopefully, it is gone soon. We have had some pretty sunrises and sunsets with all these clouds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hope is all Tom needs next year is a teeth cleaning. The clouds definitely do enhance the sunrises and sunsets.

      Delete
  6. I love sunsets and sunrises and never get bored of your pictures :-) We never eat at El Paraiso as we agree with you the margaritas are better than the food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Another bit of information they make an excellent Bloody Mary at El Paraiso, also...:)

      Delete