Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Moving Day...New Site...New Views!

 Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Stepping outside first thing this morning I could see the glow
of the sun's light coming up over the Cargo Muchacho 
Mountains and a sliver of the moon over head.

As I was drinking my first mug of coffee this morning and
getting things ready to travel I kept watching for the sun
to make an appearance.

This was our last sunrise in this spot, for now, and 
like all the others out here it was beautiful.


After getting the Igloo connected to the Dogsled Deb took a walk over. They were ready to go and would meet us when we all had the fun chores done before heading further west. We were not quite ready to go and still needed to hook the Jeep up to the Stinger "B". 


They are on their way.

As Tom pulled the Stinger "B" out to the road where we
would hook up our neighborhood looked empty.

We are hooked up, the brakes and lights have been checked,

and I took these last pictures before getting in the Stinger "B".

It is always bittersweet leaving a spot we have enjoyed. We had been here for a little over 4 weeks parked next to friends. When I checked on how long we had been parked in this spot it was hard to believe it had been that long. 

The days just seemed to flow by in an easy peaceful contentment. Contentment with were we where and an enjoyment of spending time with friends as one day flowed into another. There were the fun of visits to Los Algodones we will not forget. There was the enjoyment of sitting and chatting under the sun or clouds. There was an effortlessness, that cannot be fully explained, in the conversations and the air would be filled with laughter. We also enjoyed two campfires; I had hoped for a third but the wind did not agree. There is firewood that Deb and Tom collected for those who park in this spot next. 

I personally, and I think Tom would agree, found a serenity I needed here after the last few months of 2022. We will miss this place but it was time to move on. The memories we take with us and they will last forever. 


After pulling out of this spot we headed south on Ogilby Road then East on I-8 our first stop the Chevron station near Pilot Knob to take care of the black tank and fill up the propane tank. Deb was just pulling out of the dump station as we arrived and they pulled over and waited while Tom took care of the not so fun but necessary task. 

Pulling back on to I-8 West with the Dogsled pulling the Igloo behind us it was 9:30AM Arizona time. The plan was to be moving west by 10 0'clock and we were ahead of the plan. Deb, you and Riley are a good influence on us...lol  

Below are some of the pictures I took of today's trip. The front windshield is very dirty with streaks and my side window was not much cleaner so I made the best ones into collages. Deb posted some very nice pictures of the trip here.

Upper left: the Imperial Sand Dunes from Ogilby Road
Bottom left: the All American Canal 
Upper right: going by the exit for Ogilby Road
Bottom right: the black line is the Border Wall

The Hot Springs LTVA as we pass by on I-8

Upper left: a tiny house just went past us.
Middle: we can see the pickers working. 

We have turned off of I-8 and are on CA-111

This was the only picture I took I would put out there after
our stop at Walmart in Brawley for groceries.
The Border Patrol were out and waving us by.


Not long after the above picture we were stopped at a light to turn into the Chevron station so we could unhook the Jeep and check out some spots to park our home for a few days. Waving Deb and Riley continued on a few miles to there destination. After unhooking I took a ride to find out where the White Lion was parked and then picking Tom up we went in search of where the Igloo had found a place to call home. We could see the Igloo in the distance but it took a few tries before we ended up on the other side of a wash from them. Sadly we knew our motorhome sits to low compared to their 5th wheel to get to their spot. So driving back to the Stinger "B" we stopped for a hamburger at Jack in the Box and discussed our options. One of the places I have always wanted to park is up on one of the ridges overlooking the Borrego Badlands. Tom could not see a problem with us getting the Stinger "B" up the hill where Doug and Yuma were parked so that, from the picture below you can tell, is where we landed. We are still expecting to have some lively Happy Hours we will just have to drive a few miles to do so.

 

After getting somewhat set up it was time for Happy Hour and to watch the sun set and its fading light in the world around us.









I do not know the name of the mountains behind the 
Salton Sea but the light on them just after the sun dropped
below the horizon was beautiful.

The last of the sun's light.

Time to go inside, finish getting things set up in our home and then have dinner. It was a long day but a good one ending with us parked in this beautiful new place.



I am sure by now you know I like to collect quotes I have a large folder, with several smaller folders inside, filled with quotes that I like to share at the end of our blog. Today's seemed appropriate as I drink a mug of coffee finishing up this blog.







We are glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful views from above the Badlands and ATV parking area. Glad you made your home here. It was a beautiful HH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad we are parked up here, also. The views are great.

      Delete
  2. I love spending time boondocking in Borrego Srings area and it looks like you have found a beautiful location ... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quote! The time we spent at Ogilby Road was everything you described, serene, enjoyable, lively, relaxing and most of all comforting in ways hard to describe. Thank you for sharing your time with us. The month slipped past so fast. Your photos were great. I loved the tiny house slipping by, very cute.
    Great spot you guys have now. The views are fantastic.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tiny house going by was a slight surprise but then most everything does pass us...lol Tom and I have so enjoyed spending these days with you and Riley. The views are great up here.

      Delete
  4. Time is flying by. I like your new digs ... the views are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are pretty happy with this spot, also. The views are wonderful.

      Delete
  5. Your last photo...I love it when the sky does that. I know about time speeding by. We have been in Wellton 2 1/2 months. What?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it is true time does fly when you are having fun.

      Delete