Pages

Monday, November 6, 2023

A Recap of Our Days Parked Out Off Of Plomosa Road

 October 26, 2023 -- November 6, 2023

As I mentioned in a couple posts back we did pull into a spot on Plomosa Road after the sun went down on the 25th of October. Then the next day we went in search of a spot to park for a few days which, with some procrastinating about moving, turned into 11 nights...lol Since, we have no set plans for the next couple of months, we are going to be taking it day by day. We are going to be free birds and enjoy our time, as my daughter and sister would attest, I really dislike schedules and I am very good at the "free bird" thing. Tom has adjusted over the years and for the most part is willing to go along...lol 
(An FYI to the above information I was always on time for work, my children and now grandchildren if I am bringing them someplace they are on time, and if I make an appointment I show up on time. Years ago Tom bought me a cup coaster that said, I believe on time is when I arrive. He thought that he was being cute and since I love him I will agree he was being cute....lol)

Our first sighting of a Saguaro in the desert.

October 26th's Sunset

Watching the sun slowly make its way over the Plomosa
Mountains on October 28th.


Our views in the early morning light.

My favorite desert plant is the Ocotillo and this one is on the
edge of the area were we are parked. No little green leaves
but evidence that they were there not long ago.

Where we called home for what ended up being 
eleven nights. 


Full moon rising over the Plomosa Mountains.

The last of the sun's light leaving an afterglow over 
the mountains to the west of us on October 28th.
I really do think these mountains are the Big Maria Mountains.

This Saguaro was part of our view
whenever we sat outside. 


We have had two hummingbirds together at our feeder
in the past but these two were not about sharing. 

The sunset 

and the end of the afterglow on November 1st.

\
Sunset on November 2nd


The mountains to the south of us just before the 
sun peaks over the mountains in the east.
I think these are the Kofa's.
I wish there was an app that would allow me to point my phone
at the mountain and it would tell me which ones they are...:)

Sunrise on November 3rd

Patsy and Bill joined us for our first Happy Hour with
friends in the desert on November 4th.
 Patsy took our picture using her cute tripod.

Tom captured several lovely pictures 

of November 4th's afterglow.


Sunday, November 5, 2023 
(The Blog has caught up to us in the desert near Quartzsite, Arizona)

We started our day driving to Parker to attend 8 o'clock Mass at Sacred Heart Catholic Church. We stopped for breakfast afterwards at the Crossroads Cafe then picked up a couple of things at Walmart before heading home. We have decided to move over to Roadrunner BLM so we took a short ride, about 15 miles, over to the area to scout out a spot. We found two potential spots so fingers crossed one is still open when we get there tomorrow. I know we are moving because as I was sitting out this evening watching the light leave our day Tom was packing up stuff around me. I hung on to my chair though.

Always nice to see a familiar face.
We have passed by this guy many, many times
over the years and I was so glad to see him still
standing and looking out over the desert.

One of the hummers came around this evening.

The sunlight touching the top of the tree across the way
and the stones on the floor of the desert in front of us.

I missed the actual sunset but

caught a bit of the suns light glowing behind the mountains.

The last of the light on the Plomosa Mountains.

We have enjoyed our time parked in this place. This evening as we were sitting out enjoying the last of the light, yes Tom did sit for a bit, there was a quietness that was so peaceful. We will move on tomorrow and find beauty in our new spot but for tonight we enjoyed the beauty in front of us as the darkness of the night descended on us.  






We are glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.

12 comments:

  1. Saw you guys out and about today as we ran into Quartzsite I believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am guessing you saw the Stinger "B" she is hard to miss!

      Delete
  2. I am like you and always on time and hubby has said through the years that I like everything carved in stone ... but I am adjusting to the wiggling jello type of life :-) Love your pictures of the desert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like being on time, it is way more relaxing than when we squeak in at the last second. (Sorry God that does happen sometimes on Sunday.) Though, I really, really enjoy the "wiggling jello type of life".

      Delete
  3. I love the views! Time is something we all view in our own way. I’m an on time person, well actually I’m an early person! Lol. I remember that beaten up fella at RR BLM.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are definitely an early person and I am sure I mentioned my sister would love that about you as she is, also. The best part is you calmly deal with my view of time...lol

      Delete
  4. You had a nice spot at Plomosa and I'm sure have found another nice one at Roadrunner.
    Bill and i both have always been early to appointments. First to family gatherings but also often the first to leave.
    Enjoy your new place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think in life we all find what is right for us and that is what makes life interesting. You will need to come and check out our new place,

      Delete
  5. I am always early if I have an appointment, but otherwise, I have no schedule. Except food ... I do always seem to eat on time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part about retirement is not always having a schedule. I hear you about the eating thing...lol

      Delete
  6. Beautiful pictures Deb! Time certainly flies out there doesn't it?! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You are so right time, does fly out here. I was surprised when I checked and found out we had been in that spot for 11 nights.

      Delete