Pages

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Another Day Enjoyed Parked in the Desert!

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

When I stepped out this morning the sun was already up and shining bright on the world surrounding us. 

Looking out across the desert the air looked crystal clear.

I took this picture around 8:30 AM, just after I stepped outside.
I could see Lorne on top of their motorhome already
busy installing their solar panels.

Taking a very short walk looking off towards the southeast
the rocks on the desert floor where shining in the sunlight.


I just liked this "slice" of a shadow on the 
 mountains in front of me.

I am pretty sure I have taken this picture more than once
over the years. 

Just a few pictures to share the views surrounding us out
here in this quiet place in the the Sonoran Desert.

As I was stepping outside to take some pictures Tom mentioned the coffee was just starting to perk and off to my left, even though I could not see her, I heard Deb say she was just having breakfast and would join us with her coffee shortly. I returned to find my coffee mug filled with coffee sitting on the table by my chair outside on our patio and Tom just stepping outside with his coffee. Deb walked over, then Riley joined us. Not long after that Sue was walking over carrying her coffee and chair. I am guessing Lorne noticed us all enjoying Coffee Hour and decided to come down off the roof to join us because join us he did. What a wonderful way to start the day. Sitting out in the morning sun with friends and just chatting about whatever comes up. The conversation is never lacking and there is always some laughter in the air. We call it a Coffee Hour but it is always more like two or more hours and it never even seems like an hour has gone by. One of the best perks about this lifestyle we live is the special people we have met along the way; they make moments like this morning part of our memory book forever.

At some point we all went our separate ways to do many of the same things we did when we lived in 'sticks and bricks'. Well maybe not exactly the same but those daily chores just the same.  Tom headed over to La Posa South to fill the water bladder, our fresh water tank was getting low. Then a little later he went in to Quartzsite to pick up our mail; we were hoping our passports had arrived and been forwarded to us. His was and I got a letter informing me I needed to verify if I wanted mine to say Male, Female, or X. It said what I had checked did not match the paperwork. It did not tell me what I had checked so I am not sure what I did check.  So  I circled  "F". I am hoping that matches the rest of the information they have and then drove in to mail it back to the Passport Office in Detroit. Fingerscrossed it does not take to long for the Passport to arrive. Interesting note: the letter also said my choice did not need to match the paperwork; they were just verifying what I wanted on the Passport. 

When I got back Happy Hour had already begun so I walked over to Deb and Riley's porch to join everyone. She has set up their patio so we are in the afternoon shade of their home which makes for a more pleasant late afternoon gathering. Just like Coffee Hour is a wonderful way to start our day Happy Hour is a wonderful way to end our day. We are still chatting about this and that and the laughter is a wonderful sound to hear. Again the time flies and as the sun light starts to dim it is time to head our separate ways.

Walking home I caught a picture of the sun going down.
Click on the picture to enlarge it. What do you see?
I see a bird sitting on the sun or is that its nest.

Then after the sun had slipped behind the mountains we were

 gifted with this beautiful golden orange sky in the west.

The rest of the clouds surrounding us turned a 

lovely rosy pink.

Even as the color starts to leave the sky

the light show continues and 

is beautiful!


It may sound like I am saying the same thing, or a version of the same thing, every day and that is because I do not know how to describe a good day any other way...😊 It was a good day in the desert and we enjoyed it.






We are glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like all your days are great days and you know it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with saying a version of the same thing. It sounds peaceful and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely correct it is peaceful and relaxing.

      Delete
  3. You are making us miss the desert and the wonderful people we met there! Can't wait until we get all our health problems taken care of and our used but new to us small trailer organized! Won't be this year but hopefully after that sometime! Enjoy as winter is on its way here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are hoping, if not this year, you will both have your health problems behind you and we will be seeing you next year.

      Delete
  4. Nothing wrong with saying those same good things. Life is great, advertise! 😍

    ReplyDelete