Pages

Friday, November 24, 2023

The Sun Going Down on a Wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

 Thanksgiving, November 23, 2023



The last of the sunlight touching the mountains around us.

My first thought this morning as I opened the shade was I cannot believe the sky is filled with clouds with no blue showing through. As I wrote my sister this morning the first thing I wanted to be thankful for today was blue skies and sunshine. Before noon my wish came true. We had eight people joining us for a Thanksgiving meal today and I was hoping we would be sitting outside to eat though before the sun shown through I did figure out how I could sit ten people in here crowded but sitting...lol

Though I do try to be thankful for the many things God has given Tom and I on a daily basis Thanksgiving is a day to reflect on those many blessings. We are thankful for our children, and that includes our daughter-in-law, and our wonderful grandchildren. We are thankful for our extended family and we are thankful for our friends. Those we have known for many years and those we have met as we travel along living this fulltime life style we have chosen. Today eight of those friends, Deb and Riley (On a long and lonesome highway....), Kim and Ken (Journey with Ken and Kim), Patsy (Chillin' with Patsy) and Bill (On Our Way), and Sue and Lorne (A Place Called "Away") all Canadians chose to join us to celebrate Our Thanksgiving Day. Yes, we were outnumbered...lol In fact just as we finished eating another Canadian, Ivan (Roadtrip 2023) stopped by. (It was nice to see you Ivan wish you had stopped by a little earlier to have dinner with us. Now that you know where we are hope to see you again.)
We are thankful that Coyotes Fresh Foods in Quartzsite sold a very tasty Thanksgiving meal. This was the easiest Thanksgiving meal I have ever done; all I had to do was warm everything up...🦃 Thank you Deb for helping us supply today's meal. Thank you, Patsy for  the pumpkin and pumpkin cheesecake pies. Thank you Sue for the apple crisp. Thank you Kim for the coleslaw and Ken for the butter tarts. Everything was so delicious!


Today's meal: Turkey, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Stuffing,
Green Bean Casserole, Mixed Vegetables, Cole Slaw, Cottage
Cheese, Bread Rolls and the bottom left what is left of those deserts. 


As delicious as the food was the best part of today was spending it with these friends pictured below.



Thank you all for joining us!

We had hoped to end the day with a campfire but the wind picked up as the sun light left the day. That just means we have another gathering to look forward to. As much as Tom and I enjoy/love the lifestyle we have chosen during this season of our lives we do miss our children and grandchildren and on Holidays we feel it even more. So when we can say, Our day was spent with friends enjoying good food and wonderful conversations, that often filled the air with laughter, we add today was a very good day!

I know you have read it before in this blog and you will again: Today and everyday Tom and I are Thankful to be living our Retirement Dream. We know how lucky we are because we know people that never will or never got the chance.








We are glad you stopped by!
If you have time to leave a comment we would enjoy hearing from you.

8 comments:

  1. It looks like a wonderful day with friends and a lot of food.
    A day to be Thankful for all the good things in our lives.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful day spent with friends. Sue, you are absolutely right it is a good day to remember to be thankful!

      Delete
  2. You were superb hosts! Thank you for the invite and for sharing your home and patio. Too bad about the fire but there will be other nights. We three had a wonderful day on your Thanksgiving!💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you enjoyed our Thanksgiving! It was to bad about the fire but the good part is we get to gather again, though I am pretty sure we do not need an excuse...🥰

      Delete
  3. Looks like a wonderful day for all of you and so much great food! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful day and I was very happy with the food from Coyotes. I would order from them again without hesitation. I know you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family but it would have been nice to have had you here.

      Delete
  4. I'm surprised you found a store that sells the whole shebang. I may try that next year!! Good food, good friends. It doesn't get better than that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to repeat myself but I guess I am. I was very happy with the food we purchased from Coyote's and that just heating up things is very relaxing way to go. Of course, the homemade deserts where better then I think we would have gotten there. You are right about it doesn't get much better.

      Delete